Sylvia Sanchez on accusations Arjo Atayde is using Maine Mendoza: 'Alam ni Maine ang katotohanan' | Inquirer Entertainment
Close  

Sylvia Sanchez on accusations Arjo Atayde is using Maine Mendoza: ‘Alam ni Maine ang katotohanan’

/ 06:05 PM February 25, 2022
Maine Mendoza, Arjo Atayde, Sylvia Sanchez

Maine Mendoza, Arjo Atayde and Sylvia Sanchez (Image: Instagram/@arjoatayde, @sylviasanchez_a)

Sylvia Sanchez opened up on her thoughts about those who accuse her son Arjo Atayde of using Maine Mendoza to boost his career, revealing that Mendoza feels so bad about the bashings received by Sanchez’s family.

The veteran actress talked about how her family handles the negative comments concerning Atayde’s relationship with Mendoza in her interview with talent manager Ogie Diaz on his YouTube channel yesterday, Feb. 24. Sanchez noted that they have been receiving such remarks even before his son decided to run as a district representative in Quezon City.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Pinagtawanan na lang ng anak ko ‘yun. Pati nga ako, [inaakusahan na] ginagamit ko daw si Maine dahil wala daw kaming mga career, hindi raw kami sikat,” she told Diaz. (My son just laughs it off. Even I was accused of using Maine because they say we don’t have careers, we’re not famous.)

Sanchez then added that Mendoza has been the one apologizing to her for the negative comments thrown at her family.

FEATURED STORIES

“Hiyang-hiya si Maine. Nagso-sorry, sabi niya, ‘Tita, I’m sorry’ kasi sinasabi na ginagamit. Ang habol daw namin kay Maine ‘yung milyon niya, ‘yung pera niya,” she said. “…Okay lang sa amin kasi alam naman ni Maine ang katotohanan.”

(Maine feels so ashamed. She says sorry, she says, “I’m sorry” because [fans] say we’re using her. They said we’re only after Maine’s millions, her money… It’s okay with us because Maine knows the truth.)

Sanchez stressed that Mendoza does not need to apologize to her since she is not the one making negative remarks. She also believes that the couple’s relationship and Mendoza’s family are more important, noting that Atayde is protective of the actress.

This is not the first time that Sanchez defended Atayde when it comes to his relationship with Mendoza. Back in 2019, Sanchez made an appeal to die-hard fans of AlDub, Mendoza’s love team with Alden Richards, to stop sending death threats to Atayde.

Atayde revealed in January 2019 that he was in a relationship with Mendoza, who confirmed in March 2019 that they were “exclusively dating.” They marked their third anniversary with a romantic picnic on a boat in December last year.

The actor admitted in an interview with Julius Babao last October that he has talked to Mendoza about getting married in the future, calling her “the one” for him.  /ra

ADVERTISEMENT

RELATED STORIES:

Maine Mendoza, Arjo Atayde mark 3rd anniversary: ‘Life with you keeps getting better’

Arjo Atayde admits talking marriage with Maine Mendoza, declares she’s ‘the one’

The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Alden Richards, Arjo Atayde, Maine Mendoza, Ogie Diaz, Sylvia Sanchez
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our entertainment news

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.