For hunky actor, love means never having to regret unheeded warnings
Relentless Jock (RJ) had been warned repeatedly by people close to him not to marry in haste, especially since his would-be wife grew up in a culture far different from his own. But RJ was too smitten to heed the advice of close friends. He even broke ties with some of them because of this.
Years later, the stuff he’d been forewarned about is now materializing, and RJ is scrambling to save his marriage.
So RJ goes after his lady love, who’s determined to pursue a career overseas, even if it means giving up so much.
He’s sacrificing his own interests and career, as well as the time he should be spending with his other loved ones.
People who care about RJ are hoping that his sacrifices would eventually bring good results, that they will not be all for naught. Indeed, love means never having to regret unheeded warning.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Rabiya Mateo hinahanting ang basher na nagsabing ‘malas’ siya kay Celeste, gustong i-report sa pinapasukang kumpanya (Lagot! Bash pa more.)
• Alex Gonzaga durog sa netizens matapos pahiran ng cake sa mukha ang kaharap na waiter: ‘Napakabastos!’ (She’s been all over the news lately. Cue Alex’s song: “’Di ko akalain.”)
• Nadine Lustre kay Ate Vi (Vilma Santos): Noong MMFF awards night nakita ko siya, gusto ko talaga siyang yakapin (Group hug na lang…?)
• Janine Gutierrez humirit sa pagkatalo ni Celeste Cortesi sa Miss Universe ‘as anak ni Lotlot,’ payo ng netizens: ‘Ikaw na kasi sumali next time!’ (Said Lotlot’s friends to the anak ni Lotlot.)
• Bakit nga ba biglang umiyak si Catriona Gray sa backstage ng Miss Universe 2022 pageant, anyare? (Even Miss Universe winners know how to grieve.)
• Hirit ni Herlene Budol: ‘Wag na nating ipilit, hindi tayo pang-Miss Universe, pangbardagulan lang tayo! (Or pang-TikTok…?)
• Gab Lagman pinagsisihan nga ba ang paghuhubad at pakikipag-love scene sa Vivamax movie na ‘Bula’? (Wasn’t it worth the “exposure,” Gab?)
• American boyfriend ni Michelle Madrigal game na game na mag-Tagalog, sey ng netizens: ‘Ang galing naman!’ (Certainly better than the balikbayans who come home to pursue a career in show biz but refuse to learn Filipino.)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.