Enrique Gil set to make showbiz return after 2 years
Enrique Gil appears to be making his return to TV and films for the first time in two years, as he recently met with executives of ABS-CBN.
The actor can be seen with Star Magic and ABS-CBN’s TV production head Laurenti Dyogi, along with other creative staff and executives of the network, as seen on ABS-CBN Films head Kriz Gazmen’s Twitter and Instagram pages yesterday, July 14.
“So [excited]! Look who’s back #ItsAboutDamnTime,” Gazmen teased.
Gazmen did not give further details about Gil’s comeback, though fans still expressed excitement over the possibility of it happening soon.
View this post on Instagram
“[Oh my God] finally! Forda comeback!” one @kc_tutor25 said.
“King of the Gil is back,” another netizen, @itssjane06, gushed,
“We’re so excited! Thank you po [sir Kriz],” one @hq_boangers, meanwhile, told Gazmen.
Gil has been away from the limelight since March 2020. He was last seen on TV through the series “Make It with You,” in which he starred with his longtime on- and offscreen partner Liza Soberano. The show was canceled at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
Soberano is also easing back into show biz as she signed with James Reid’s label Careless Music last month.
Back in May, Soberano’s former manager Ogie Diaz explained that the couple had been hesitant to take on new projects amid the COVID-19 pandemic due to safety reasons. He added that at the time, the pair got busy with their business and were looking for the “right timing” to return to show biz. /ra