WATCH: Baron Geisler provokes, Kiko Matos attacks — is this staged again?
Is this round two?
Exactly one year after their much publicized cage fight that figured in a draw, actors and estranged friends Baron Geisler and Kiko Matos faced each other once again, and as expected, another fight ensued.
At the press conference of Universal Reality Combat Championship (URCC) today, the two yet again engaged in another fight before entertainment and sports media. Just minutes after their meet-up, their punch-hungry selves emerged, signaling that things might not be over yet for Matos and Geisler.
Coming in uninvited, Geisler surprised everyone when he showed up at the Winford Hotel and Casino in Manila. Even URCC match maker Ron Catunao said he was shocked at Geisler’s presence at the event. He was even caught asking people at the venue if anyone invited the troubled actor.
“We assigned Kiko for a real fight. I don’t know who invited Baron,” Catunao said.
While the presser was for the introduction of new fighters for URCC’s super fight event at the Araneta Coliseum on August 12, with Matos as one of the celebrity fighters, Geisler appeared to steal the scene.
Geisler asked Matos: “A Kiko-Baron part 2, if he has the balls, I challenge him, do you (have the balls)?
With a little laugh, Matos answered Geisler with his ever famous line from last year: “I missed this, just like last year, kahit kailan, kahit saan, anytime, anywhere, I’ll be there.”
Seating beside Matos, Geisler picked up on Matos’ line: “Pare (Friend), that’s so 2016. Can’t you think of something else? Seriously? Is that all you got? That’s so lame, man!”
It was Geisler’s “lame” remark that ticked off Matos, who choked down Geisler as URCC people tried to interfere. Matos, while taking down Geisler, asked him, “Who’s lame?”
Matos later shared his opinion about what happened: “As of now, maybe he just wants to play another game. He comes out, calls me names, then let’s get it on. It’s my reaction towards his action, so let’s make this fight happen.”
He also answered Geisler’s earlier claim that he (Matos) is not his (Geisler) friend. “Kung hindi niya ko kaibigan eh di hindi ko din siya kaibigan.” (If I’m not his friend, then he’s not my friend, too.)
Matos also gave a statement in anticipation of possible reactions from the public, who might think their encounter might again be part of another staged production.
“Well, this one (should a fight ensue) is sportsmanship, for settling the draw and to see who will win this time,” said Matos.
“‘Nung una nandoon siya sa dulo, eh (At first he was over at the back), and then he comes in lumalapit na sa akin, sabi ko, alam ko na ibig sabihin nito (He was coming in so I said, ‘I knew what that meant’).”
Their sold-out fight at the Valkyrie was one phenomenal event in local showbiz, as it was the first time celebrities battled each other in the cage.
Their bar brawl that led to a legitimate cage fight was eventually leaked to be part of a promotional campaign for a social experiment. However, both camps claimed today’s encounter was unexpected, and should a fight happen again, it would definitely no longer be for any production.
Will URCC make way for the two to have a rematch? Catunao only had this to say: “I’m still looking for a fight for Kiko.”
Do you believe Geisler and Matos’ fight to be for real this time? JB
Matos strikes back, sprays urine on Geisler
Kiko Matos aspires to be MMA fighter
Kiko Matos admits drug use in his teens
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.