Charo Santos, Christian Bables win top acting honors in MMFF; ‘Big Night’ is Best Picture
Charo Santos and Christian Bables led in the roster of winners in the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) Gabi ng Parangal 2021 held yesterday, Dec. 27.
Santos was hailed as Best Actress in a Leading Role for her performance in the film “Kun Maupay Man It Panahon,” while, Bables earned the Best Actor in a Leading Role award for the movie “Big Night!”, as seen on the festival’s Facebook page, also yesterday.
John Arcilla and newcomer Rans Rifol were awarded the Best Supporting Actor and Actress awards for “A Hard Day” and “Kun Maupay Man It Panahon,” respectively. Meanwhile, Rifol’s co-star Daniel Padilla won the MMFF Jury Prize Award.
Jun Lana was named Best Director for “Big Night!”. The film also won the Best Picture award, followed by Second Best Picture “Kun Maupay Man It Panahon” and Third Best Picture “A Hard Day.”
47th Metro Manila Film Festival Gabi ng Parangal #MMFF2021
Posted by Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) Official on Monday, December 27, 2021
Here is the full list of winners in the MMFF Gabi ng Parangal 2021:
- Best Picture: “Big Night!”
- Second Best Picture: “Kun Maupay Man It Panahon”
- Third Best Picture: “A Hard Day”
- Best Director: Jun Robles Lana, “Big Night!”
- MMFF Jury Prize Award: Daniel Padilla, “Kun Maupay Man It Panahon”
- Best Actress in a Leading Role: Charo Santos, “Kun Maupay Man It Panahon”
- Best Actor in a Leading Role: Christian Bables, “Big Night!”
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Rans Rifol, “Kun Maupay Man It Panahon”
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role: John Arcilla, “Big Night!”
- Best Screenplay: Jun Robles Lana, “Big Night!”
- Gatpuno Antonio J Villegas Cultural Award: “Kun Maupay Man It Panahon”
- Marichu Vera-Perez Maceda Memorial Award: Rosa Rosal
- Natatanging Gawad MMFF: Chairman Danny Lim and Bienvenido Lumbera
- MMFF Creator Jury’s Choice Award: “Kandado”
- Gender Sensitivity Award: “Big Night!”
- Best Cinematography: Carlo Canlas Mendoza, “Big Night!”
- Best Editing: Lawrence Fajardo, “A Hard Day”
- Best Production Design: Juan Manuel Alcazaren, “Kun Maupay Man It Panahon”
- Best Visual Effects: Mofac Creative Works, Hue Media Quantum Post, Ogie Tiglao, “Kun Maupay Man It Panahon”
- Best Original Theme Song: “Umulan Man O Umaraw,” “Huling Ulan sa Tag-Araw”
- Best Musical Score: Teresa Barrozo, “Big Night!”
- Best Sound: Albert Michael Idioma, “A Hard Day”
- Best Float: “Huwag Kang Lalabas” /ra
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.