‘Playing it safe’ is the name of the game for talent search judge
Like most of her performances on the big screen, Giggly Star (GS) is seldom known for taking risks, whether career-wise or in her personal affairs—which probably explains why the men who were attracted to her always ended up throwing in the towel after a “long and arduous battle” with the people around GS.
Honest Insider (HI), who’s a promising up-and-comer, was part of GS’ team when GS was tasked to judge in the talent search HI was a part of. But HI says that she hasn’t really learned anything from GS because her comments to HI and her teammates were always too safe or too generic to be helpful. “Her comments were neither here nor there,” quipped HI.
Was GS intimidated by the talented but go-getting newbies she was supposed to be coaching? “No, she just avoids saying anything so that if she says something wrong, they won’t talk about her or laugh at her behind her back,” HI said. “But while she may appear distant, super smile pa rin s’ya sa lahat (laughs)!” This makes us wonder: Is GS as distant and detached when she is with her man? Malamang.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Kundisyon ni Judy Ann Santos sa reunion project nila ni Piolo Pascual: Kung puchi-puchi lang parang unfair… (Some risks are worth taking. Star Cinema, are you there?
• Piolo sa Pinoy version ng “Doctor Foster”: Kung tinanggap ni Juday, I’ll do it! (Yup, we would willingly binge on this much-missed tandem. But as expected, ABS-CBN uses “the usual suspects” in the teleseryes, which is no surprise at all… Ho-hum. Zzzzzzzzzz.)
• Maja Salvador umaming may ginagawang ‘milagro’ sa swimming pool; Empoy Marquez na-jebs sa pantalon (Eww.)
• Kathryn Bernardo hindi agad magbubuntis kapag ikinasal na sila ni Daniel Padilla. (Her body, her choice.)
• Diego Loyzaga nagdiwang ng ika-26 na kaarawan. Amang si Cesar Montano hindi kabilang sa mga taong kanyang pinasalamatan. (Not going to say we were surprised by this “revelation.”)
• Bakit napaiyak si Iya Villania nang magsilang ng baby girl? (Wouldn’t it be a wee bit disturbing if she laughed and cackled like a hyena?)
• Netizen inireklamo ang pagpapabakuna ni Alice Dixson sa Manila: Bakit pag artista may exemptions? (Like some government officials, too.)
• Carla Abellana, Tom Rodriguez 4 na buwang maghihiwalay; tigil muna sa paghahanda sa kasal. (True love waits.)
• Yassi Pressman bagong game show ng TV5 ang kapalit ng pag-alis sa ‘Probinsyano’. (Is that an upgrade?)
• Angelica Panganiban ‘bugbog-sarado’ sa netizens matapos banatan ang Red Cross; pinagso-sorry ng doktora. (Tsk. She is stricken with foot-in-mouth disease.)
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.