Albie Casiño to those who ‘still don’t get it’ as he airs dismay on gov’t: ‘Please don’t breed’
Albie Casiño appeared to be undeterred by the bashing he received after expressing his dismay over the government’s COVID-19 response.
“My face when they said ECQ season 2. Congrats to everyone who voted nung 2016, sana natutuwa kayo ngayon. Vote wisely sa 2022,” Casiño said in an Instagram post last Saturday, March 27. He showed a photo of himself with scrunched eyebrows and a serious facial expression to accompany the sentiment.
(Congrats to everyone who voted last 2016, I hope you’re happy now. Vote wisely in 2022.)
Casiño was referring to the recently announced enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) that will take effect in Metro Manila and nearby provinces starting today, March 29, to April 4. This is amid a recent surge of around 9,000 new COVID-19 cases per day.
View this post on Instagram
The actor’s statement had mixed reactions from his followers, with some commending him for voicing out his opinion while others criticized him. One @iamjcgo asked Casiño why the government is to be blamed for the surge of cases: “Control ba ng government officials yung virus? Galing mo din mag isip noh. Duh.” (Do government officials control the virus? Great thinking. Duh.)
“They obviously don’t control the virus but they do have control over how they handled the virus,” Casiño replied, saying that the Philippines had the “worst COVID response in the world.”
“Our neighboring countries should be used as a measuring point look at them and compare to us,” he added. “If you still don’t get it after this wala ka na pag asa please don’t breed.” (If you still don’t get it after this, you have no hope. Please don’t breed.)
The entire island of Luzon was first placed on ECQ last March 2020, a week after COVID-19 was declared as a public health emergency by President Rodrigo Duterte. By June 2020, Metro Manila and other locations in Luzon were placed on a less restrictive General Community Quarantine.
Casiño may have also taken a swipe at the “simple” birthday photo of the President yesterday as released by Sen. Bong Go, showing the President blowing a birthday candle atop a mound of rice. Casiño, through his Instagram Story yesterday, March 28, showed a photo of Bayan Muna representative Ferdinand Gaite’s post on Twitter about the president “acting poor” for his birthday photos.
“Acting poor for your birthday photo ops when you’re not really poor is just mocking those who truly have nothing to put on their tables for their own birthdays,” Gaite said.
Casiño is just one of the latest celebrities who also slammed bashers criticizing them for speaking out. Janus del Prado also addressed trolls last week, telling them to change their “script” when bashing celebrities. Other actresses also recently expressed frustration over the lack of effective government response amid the pandemic, namely Liza Soberano and Janine Gutierrez. JB
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.