Diego Loyzaga claims getting death threats after rumble—report | Inquirer Entertainment

Diego Loyzaga claims getting death threats after rumble—report

/ 11:37 AM March 18, 2016
Diego Loyzaga. SCREENGRAB FROM LOYZAGA'S INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT

Diego Loyzaga. SCREENGRAB FROM LOYZAGA’S INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT

After the mauling incident at a posh club in Taguig City, actor Diego Loyzaga said he had been receiving death threats.

Loyzaga and his friends were allegedly embroiled in a mauling incident involving brothers Wilmer Paolo and Wilmer Angelo Lopez at a posh club in Taguig City on Sunday morning.

ADVERTISEMENT

READ: Cesar Montano’s son involved in alleged mauling at posh Taguig club

“I’m getting death threats from their family, from the Lopez family…Ang dami nilang sinasabi na nagkamali daw ako sa kinaaway na pamilya. Shoot-to-kill na daw ako. Kapag nakita na daw ako, babarilin na daw ako. So, I’m getting death threats left and right,” Loyzaga was quoted as saying in a Pep report.

FEATURED STORIES

(I’m getting death threats from the Lopez family. They have been saying that I messed up with the wrong family. They said that there is already a shoot-to-kill order for me; that if they see me, they will just shoot me. So, I’m getting death threats left and right.)

But the son of actors Cesar Montano and Teresa Loyzaga maintained that he did not “lay a hand” on the Lopez brothers after the two claimed that his group teamed up on punching and kicking them while outside the Palace Pool Club in Bonifacio Global City.

READ: Diego Loyzaga: I did not start mauling incident

“I myself sustained injuries. I have nothing to do with what happened to Paolo and his brother,” Loyzaga said.

He said that he was brought by his friends to the hospital after he was punched in the face that got him bloodied.

“I woke up I couldn’t move my hand and I realized it was broken. And I thought my nose was broken too and they checked it. Apparently, my jaw was dislocated. I couldn’t move my jaw for the next 24 hours,” he said.

He denied the allegations of the Lopez brothers that he ordered to hit them and confronted one of them in the comfort room.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I did not lay a finger [on] Paolo or on his brother the entire night,” he said.

He said there was indeed a mauling incident that happened but was quick to say that he shouldn’t be blamed for it.

The actor, however, said he felt sorry for what happened for the two brothers when he saw them in news reports.

“When I saw them, I really wanted to say I am sorry for what happened but it wasn’t really my fault,” he said.

Loyzaga said that a common friend of him and Wilmer Paolo tried to patch things up between them.

“Honestly I want to talk to the brothers,” he said.

“I want to say sorry for the events that happened that night. It was never my intension to escalate to that na rambulan (rumble)…” he said.

He said he called Wilmer Angelo to ask if it was okay for them to talk, but Wilmer hung up on him. NC/IDL

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Celebrity, Cesar Montano, Diego Loyzaga, fight, Mauling, palace pool club, Taguig, Wilmer Angelo Lopez, Wilmer Paolo Lopez
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our entertainment news

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.