Kira Balinger denies third party accusations against her: I don’t run after men, they come to me
Kira Balinger dismissed the allegations that she was the reason behind Kelvin Miranda’s split with his ex-girlfriend, social media personality Roselle Vytiaco, with the actress stressing that she does not steal or run after men, and that they just come to her.
Earlier this year, Vytiaco exposed Miranda’s alleged infidelity with Balinger by showing a screenshot of the actors’ conversation. A part of the conversation showed Balinger’s supposed suggestive request to “take something off,” as well as Miranda’s alleged confession of his feelings for the actress.
Balinger broke her silence on the issue in an interview with Philippine Entertainment Portal during the press conference of her upcoming film “Maple Leaf Dreams” last Tuesday, March 21.
“Hindi po ako third wheel. Kung ano po ‘yung naging usapan nilang dalawa ng ex nila, wala po akong alam du’n, out na po ako du’n (I was not a third wheel. Whatever the two exes talked about, I know nothing about it and I’m out of it). And if there’s somebody that ate girl should talk to, [it] should be him not me,” she said.
Balinger noted that as a fellow woman, she understands Vytiaco’s pain but the actress maintained that she is not a third party in the former couple’s relationship. She then owned up that she was partly to blame for entertaining Miranda, but she clarified that they only exchanged messages and that they never went out together.
“And I’m confident to say na hindi ako kabit, gaya ng sinasabi ng lahat—like what she made me out to be,” she stressed. “But on my side, excluding her, may mali ako. To be fair, hindi kami. Chats lang ‘yon.”
(And I’m confident to say that I am not a third party, as what everybody says and like what she made me out to be. But on my side, excluding her, I made a mistake. To be fair, [Miranda and I] were not together. Those were just chats.)
“….[But] I did not break them up and I’m very confident to say that,” she continued. “Because I do not steal men, I do not run after them, they come to me. And it was my mistake, I entertained one too many and I am sorry for that. And I am making up for it. I take accountability for my actions.”
Balinger disclosed that Miranda already apologized to her for being dragged into his breakup with Vytiaco, but the actress pointed out that her current relationship with Miranda just revolves around their work.
Balinger further said that although she understands Vytiaco’s pain, the latter could have gotten herself in legal trouble for the accusations she made. Balinger added that she opted not to take legal action because she does not have the time, and because she chose to focus on her blessings.
“I would have appreciated it if she would message me, and we could have a coffee about it—let’s talk about it,” Balinger stated. “Hindi ‘yung you’re going to put your problems on social media like that and encourage other people to do that, na mali.”
“It’s done and I hope that—actually, lahat naman kami may mali, may sabit ng konti, pero (we’re all at fault but) I’ve learned my lesson,” she continued. “Definitely, I have learned my lesson and I’ve paid up for it. So I hope siya rin, sila rin (the same for them). Both of them.”
Meanwhile, Vytiaco and her family appeared to have alluded to the issue as they seemed to have quoted Balinger in a comment, as seen on her Instagram Stories on Thursday, March 23.
Miranda has yet to speak up on the matter as of this writing. Anne Pasajol /EDV