The winners at the 75th Cannes Film Festival
CANNES, France – The 75th edition of the Cannes Film Festival ended Saturday in the South of France with the awarding of its top prize, the Palme d’Or.
Here is a list of the winners:
– Palme d’Or: Ruben Ostlund for “Triangle of Sadness” (Sweden-Germany-France-Britain)
– Grand Prix: Shared by Lukas Dhont for “Close” (Belgium-Netherlands-France) and Claire Denis for “Stars at Noon” (France)
– Best director: Park Chan-wook “Decision to Leave” (South Korea)
– Best actress: Zar Amir Ebrahimi for “Holy Spider” (Denmark-Germany-Sweden-France)
– Best actor: Song Kang-ho for “Broker” (South Korea)
– Best screenplay: Tarik Saleh for “Boy from Heaven” (Sweden-France-Finland-Denmark)
– Jury prize: Shared by Jerzy Skolimowski for “EO” (Poland) and Charlotte Vandermeersch and Felix van Groeningen for “The Eight Mountains” (Italy-Belgium-France-Britain)
– Camera d’Or for best first film: Riley Keough and Gina Gammell for “War Pony” (United States)
– Best short film: Jianying Chen for “The Water Murmurs” (China)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.