How ‘direk’ lost one high-profile project after another
Jilted Filmmaker (JF) surprised show biz observers that he was no longer involved in an upcoming high-profile project.
While the excuse given had something to do with logistics or scheduling, the real reason JF left was because another production outfit had supposedly greenlit the planned sequel of one of his past films.
JF couldn’t be more thrilled and promptly set to work. It was something he had been raring to do. However, the company seemed to have fallen on hard times and had to prematurely pull the plug on the movieUnfortunately for JF, the other project he had turned his back on has now found someone else to steer the ship. Oops!
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Banat ni Heart Evangelista sa basher na tumawag sa kanya ng baog: Ul*l … the only word you can understand. (As they say: An eye for an eye…)
• Heart mas bongga at mas sosyal pa rin kaysa kay Jinkee Pacquiao. (And why shouldn’t she be…?)
• Bea Alonzo may naisip na konsepto para sa proyekto nila ni Marian Rivera. (What do you think, dear readers? Will sparks fly?)
• Lauren Dyogi nagsalita na kung siya ba talaga ang mystery ‘Kuya’ sa ‘PBB’. (Naman. Kailangan pa bang i-memorize ‘yan?)
• Anak ni Bossing Vic lantaran ang suporta kay VP Leni, inokray ng bashers. (Her vote, her decision.)
• Joey de Leon awang-awa sa sarili nang mag-work from home; tinawag na diva-diva ng anak. (Is “diva-diva” better than, say, Starzan?)
• Babala ni Gen. Eleazar kay Jake Cuenca: Titiyakin kong mananagot ka sa pambabastos mo sa batas… (Luh. Hit and run pa more.)
• Dennis Trillo namanhikan na sa pamilya ni Jennylyn Mercado; aamin na kayang magkaka-baby na? (It’s not like these two are still in their 20s, right?)
• Kylie Padilla gusto pa ring magkadyowa sa tamang panahon: Ang sarap ma-in love, eh! (It’s the falling out of it that isn’t a lot of fun.)
• LJ Reyes naka-move on na pero dedma pa rin sa sorry ni Paolo Contis: Hindi madaling ibigay ang forgiveness. (Can you blame her?)
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.