When friends-turned-enemies’ fangs and claws come out
These two performers are known in the biz as more approachable than most, but their fangs and claws immediately come out when they start talking about each other.
Diva One (DO) and Diva Two (DT) used to belong to the same circle of friends, but their romantic “persuasions” quickly got in the way of their “fondness” for each other the minute DO learned that DT has been talking behind her back.
While DT talks about DO’s “toxic” and far-from-ideal relationship with her current beau, DO always points it out to mutual pals that DT is nowhere near her “level.” When a common friend asked DO if DT was also in a glitzy event she was performing in, DO quickly reminded her inquisitive friend, “Well, DT doesn’t really get invited in as high-profile an event as this!” Ouch naman, neng.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Jessy Mendiola ipinagtanggol si Angel Locsin sa laiterang basher. (These “perfect” but “anonymous” beings are a dime a dozen these days. Bigyan ng…[strait]jacket at salamin!)
• Marco Gumabao nagpa-scrub ng katawan, 3 beses naligo para sa tequila body shot scene nila ni Sharon Cuneta. (He didn’t want her to get “mega”turned off…)
• Kisses Delavin muling nag-No. 1 sa ‘intro video challenge’ ng Miss Universe PH 2021. (Take note, girls. That’s how you put your hefty social media following to good use.)
• Luis Manzano may pangako sakaling tumakbo sa Eleksyon 2022; Vilma Santos gustong maging senador, pero… (Here we go, madlang pipol…)
• Bimby Yap pangarap maging doktor, wish ni Kris Aquino: Sana talaga hindi na magbago ang choice niya! (We have the same wish.)
• Hiling ni Sharon, dumami pa ang trabaho para tuloy ang pagtulong: Pero wala akong balak tumakbo! (For her peace of mind, we feel the same way.)
• Awra Briguela super proud bilang working student: Inalagaan talaga ako nina Kuya Coco Martin at Ate Vice Ganda (Looks like somebody’s set for life. Good for you, Awra!)
• Yorme Isko Moreno ipinagtanggol ni Cavite Gov. Remulla sa mga hubad na litrato: Hindi siya nagnakaw at wala siyang pinatay. (Spot on, Gov.)
• ‘Pandemic Effect’ ad binatikos ng netizens, Vicki Belo nag-sorry: ‘The film is insensitive and upsetting.’ (Not everything is about profit and opportunity.)
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.