‘Journey’ almost over for opportunity-seeking starlet
Baffled Actress (BA) seems to have hit the panic button.
BA was promptly dropped by her long-time management company after being caught going behind their backs and sending feelers to rival film outfits.
Much to her relief, BA managed to strike a deal with another talent agency. There, she waxed poetic that she was embarking on a new journey toward self-discovery and artistic growth.
But the journey was over before she could even lace up her shoes. After barely a year with this new agency, BA is, yet again, shopping for a new one.
And as her career languishes, BA resorts to online content creation and lousy stunts for quick publicity.
She isn’t exactly a household name, but she used to have career stability. Now she has neither. And BA has no one else to blame but her rash decision-making. INQTOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Liza Soberano na-bad trip nga ba nang ireklamo at laitin ang boses niya sa ‘Trese’? (Can’t please everybody, Liza.)
• Gerald Anderson goes sailing with Julia Barretto’s family in Subic. (It seems mahilig talagang mamangka itong dalawang ito… Tee-hee.)
• Miss International 2013 Bea Rose Santiago 5 beses nagpapa-dialysis sa loob ng 1 linggo: Better, not bitter. (So much grace in the midst of adversity. Fight on, Bea!)
• Toni Gonzaga takot noon na mag-showbiz din ang anak, pero ngayon: He can be whatever he wants to be… (Mother knows best.)
• Aanhin mo ang franchise kung basura naman ang trabaho?—Director Andoy Ranay (Shucks! Ouch naman.)
• Janella Salvador tuloy ang pagsasampa ng kaso laban sa bashers ng anak: It’s a form of bullying talaga. (Hell hath no fury like a mommy scorned.)
• Liza Soberano naging mas matapang at palaban dahil kina Pia Wurtzbach, Angel Locsin at Anne Curtis (Strong women looking up to one another.)
• Tony Labrusca inabswelto ng korte sa kasong slight physical injuries, pero… (Why so takaw-gulo, Tony? Tsk.)• Kim Chiu suportado ang paglipat ni Xian Lim sa GMA (At least they have both networks covered…)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.