Warring luminaries compared
Winsome Vet (WV) has been in Tinseltown for decades now and has managed to keep himself busy despite the challenging times. It’s his versatility and likability that make him “easy to hire,” especially in the eyes of filmmakers and casting directors.
WV said that those above-mentioned qualities have enabled him to work with some of the industry’s brightest stars, among them Temperamental Luminary (TL) and Careful Luminary (CL), who are known to be each other’s fiercest competitors.
Asked to describe what WV’s experiences were like while working with TL and CL, WV said that TL’s innate skill is beyond question, but WV said that he actually finds working with CL easier and more satisfying because, as WV explained, “CL interacts with me as an actor, while TL becomes a little strange and self-conscious when a scene requires a measure of intimacy.” Mahirap sakyan si TL, so to speak. Perhaps TL’s “mood swings” are the reasons behind her exciting unpredictability as an actress. Should CL become unpredictable to become just as exciting then?
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Alden Richards ayaw nang magpadikta sa sasabihin ng iba: Hindi kami mga robot, we’re learning machines. (Pero machine pa rin …? Inaano ka ba nino, Alden?)
• Kris Bernal humingi ng saklolo sa NBI para hantingin ang nasa likod ng fake delivery booking. (Good luck.)
• Jaya iyak nang iyak nang magpaalam sa “Showtime”: Sana pagbalik ko, tanggapin n’yo pa rin ako … (Another good reason to sing “Minsan ang Minahal ay Ako.”)
• John Lloyd Cruz, Ellen Adarna, Derek Ramsay nag-celebrate para sa 3rd b-day ni Elias. (Here’s one instance when three isn’t a crowd …)
• Pamilya ni Ellen hindi raw boto kay John Lloyd kaya naghiwalay. (Why? Boto ba ang pamilya ni John Lloyd kay Ellen? Tit for tat.)
• Angel Locsin nagpaalam na sa programa ng ABS-CBN. (Show or no show, Angel is truly “iba ‘yan!”)
• Anjo Yllana naglabas ng hinaing matapos tanggalin sa “Happy Times”: Nagsumbong lang ako … (In this country, whistleblowers always get the short end of the stick …)
• Sarah Geronimo ginulat ang madlang pipol sa bagong hairstyle; trip-trip lang o may kahulugan? (Is it a reflection of growth and decisiveness?)
• Nadine Lustre umaming ‘great love’ si James Reid. (What about James? Was Nadine his ‘great love,’ too?)
• Erich Gonzales niligawan nga ba noon ni Mario Maurer? (Luh. Careful, Erich. You just might end up getting banned, too.)
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.