Celeb dad relieved about daughter’s split-up with undriven bf
Their breakup was something that was secretly cheered on by her family and close friends. People were actually glad that Mystified Maiden (MM) finally came to her senses and decided to call it quits with Haywire Hombre (HH).
It’s true that they didn’t break up because of a third party—MM’s dad would definitely come in and raise hell if that had happened—but because of differences in values and principles in life.
MM’s dad had kept mum about his disapproval the whole time MM and HH were together, since he felt he had no moral authority to tell her off. But he had always known that the relationship was doomed and that MM’s show biz career would suffer if she had stayed on.
MM’s dad was convinced that HH had wanted to tie down MM by eventually getting her pregnant. He was also sure that HH had no more interest in reinventing himself and furthering his stalled career, while MM, who is six years younger, still has a lot to offer. Well, the ex-couple has long moved on, and MM’s dad has been breathing a sigh of relief ever since. All’s well that ends well. Whew!
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved.):
• Vice Ganda kay Harry Roque: Sa sabong panlaba nga choosy tayo, e, bakuna pa kaya? Ano basta may maisaksak lang?! (Spot on, Vice.)
• Elisse Joson pinaiyak ni McCoy de Leon: Gusto ko lahat ng best para sa ‘yo … I love you, I love you, I love you (As they say: Sa hinaba-haba man ng prusisyon…)
• Kiray Celis ‘daddy’ na ang tawag sa dyowa; Stephan Estopia may balak din bang mag-show biz? (Ang haba ng hair, neng. Congrats.)
• Ion Perez naiyak sa “Showtime”; muling pinatunayan kung gaano kamahal si Vice Ganda. (OK, OK, we’re convinced. Right. madlang people? Right, right, RIGHT?)
• Sam Milby kinarir ang paggawa ng pizza, salad para sa B-day ni Catriona Gray. (More and more, they’re proving to be a match made in heaven.)
• Hirit ni Willie Revillame sa biglang pagkawala ni Ariella Arida sa “Wowowin”: Gusto kong tampalin ‘yan … (Tampalin moo rin, Ariella. Tit for tat.)
• Banat ni Loisa Andalio sa laiterang basher: Inagawan ba kita ng dyowa? Kinuha ko ba ari-arian mo? (Fierce.)
• Charlene Gonzales emosyonal sa pag-alis ng anak na si Andres: It was a very difficult decision to make. (It’s never easy to say goodbye…)
• Maja Salvador naiyak nang unang malamang buntis si Janella Salvador: Akala mo anak ko talaga siya. (Perhaps your body is trying to tell you something, Maja?)
• Julia Barretto umaming “taken” na; “foreigner” at mas matanda ang bagong dyowa. (Will rumors about her and Gerald Anderson finally die down now?)
• Senior star sinabihan si Rosanna Roces ng “walang ginawa kundi bumukaka,” Maui Taylor ininsulto sa pagiging sexy star. (That’s what bashers do, walang ginawa kundi ngawa ng ngawa, right Osang?)
• Nagpakalat ng pekeng litrato ni Nancy McDonie ng Momoland hinahanting na; mga nag-share damay. (Time for their reckoning.)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.