Stingy celeb-turned-vlogger oblivious of ‘unfair labor practice’
Discovering that they could maximize their fame and make a quick buck through vlogging, celebrities have been jumping on the YouTube bandwagon left and right—especially now that work opportunities are limited because of the pandemic.
Chic Lass (CL) is one of them. But because she doesn’t have the technical know-how to produce her digital content, CL hires someone else to do the editing and postproduction work.
Now you would think CL would be giving her editor— who lost his regular job because of the pandemic—a generous compensation. Her vlog seems to be doing well enough.
But as it turns out, CL is surprisingly stingy. And the demands she makes isn’t quite proportional to the amount she pays, a mole said. INQ
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved.):
• Banat ni Angelica Panganiban: I don’t think nakaupo lang si Angel Locsin sa bahay at nanonood ng TV. (Spot-on, Angge! Bigyan ng salamin ang mga bashers na ’yan.)
• Alden Richards mahigit P200,000 nalikom sa livestreaming ng ML; pera ibibigay sa mga nasalanta ng bagyo. (He’s paying it forward. Go, Alden!)
• True ba, Derek Ramsay, Andrea Torres hiwalay na? (No surprise there…)
• Jessy Mendiola rumesbak sa basher na nagsabing, ‘Ba’t ganu’n ang tiyan niya, parang nanganak na?’ (Don’t listen to your “perfect” bashers, Jessy. Just send them mirrors.)
• Bahay ni Gardo Versoza winasak ng Bagyong “Ulysses;” tahanan ni Yassi Pressman sa Rizal binaha rin. (What a year 2020 has turned out to be…)
• Dingdong Dantes proud delivery boy ng tindang seafood ni Neil Sese: Ingat tayong lahat sa kalsada. (Could you guess how much tip he’d get?)
• Robin Padilla, Mariel Rodriguez binigyan ng libreng pabahay ang mga kasambahay. (A good deed from Robin, for a change…)
• Billy Crawford, Bayani Agbayani muntik nang magsuntukan sa taping ng “Lunch Out Loud.” (Boys will be boys.)
• KC Concepcion, Ruffa Gutierrez tumungong Cagayan, Isabela para mamahagi ng relief goods. (They’re putting their popularity to good use.)
• Ryan Bang tutulungang makauwi ang kababayang ramen vendor sa Korea. (You’d also want a kababayan to offer a helping hand if something similar happens to you in a foreign land, right?)
• Kris Aquino humirit sa DepEd, kumampi kay Angel. (Is this what the Department of Education is trying to teach our children? Tsk.)
• Zaijian Jaranilla bading na bading sa “Boyette: Not A Girl Yet” (He is versatility personified.)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.