Well-meaning actress willing to give until it hurts
While most of Luzon was on lockdown in March due to COVID-19, Altruistic Vixen (AV) participated in numerous fundraising events and outreach projects. Since AV was too afraid to go out of the house, she would pay for couriers to deliver goods to charitable groups or deposit monetary contributions via online transactions.
Recently, AV agreed to donate money to a fundraising project for frontliners organized by a dear friend. There was a hitch, however: AV already said “yes” to participating in the project before she discovered that she already maxed out her credit card as a result of all her philanthropic activities. AV felt so embarrassed because she had to admit this to her friend.
It seems that AV is trying to follow in the footsteps of the missionary nun Mother Teresa, who preached the importance of “giving until it hurts.”
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved.):
• Vice Ganda, Pokwang, Lovi Poe, Gary V hindi rin pinatulog ng bagsik ni Ulysses: Ang wild ng bagyo! (We’ve all been shaken… but not stirred… by it. Hang in there, guys—and play.)
• Hirit ni Enchong Dee habang ginugupitan ni Bea Alonzo: Ate, medyo mabigat ang kamay n’yo. (Looks like Enchong needs a more experienced barber…)
• James Reid lumabas ang ‘tunay na ugali’ matapos utangan ni Billy Crawford ng P5M. (OK now, who else wants to volunteer as James’ friend?)
• Cristy Fermin kay Kris Aquino: Kung alam mo ang buhay ni Mr. Fu baka lumuluhod ka ngayon sa kanya para patawarin ka. (Wait. Between Kris and Cristy, who’s supposed to call the shots…? Whose prerogative is it to include or exclude a cohost in her show?)
• Bwelta ni Kris kay Cristy Fermin: Dito ako papalag … binastos ko ba ang pagkatao n’ya? (Exactly.)
• Barbie Imperial: Hindi kayang makihati sa isang lalaki… (Eh paano kung dalawa…?)
• Austin Mahone, nag-comment sa IG post ni Jane de Leon: ‘Wow so talented!’ (You gotta see what else Jane can do when she swallows Darna’s stone, Austin… Ready, Ding?)
• Jodi Sta. Maria hindi pa handa sa pagbibinata ni Thirdy: Kasi siyempre nu’ng maliit sila, ikaw ang mundo nila… (That’s life, Jodi. Before you know it, you’ll already be an empty nester…)
• Gabbi Garcia, Khalil Ramos umaming ayaw makatrabaho noon ang isa’t isa… (Let’s wait till they decide to get married.)
• Mark Herras atat nang makita ang itsura ng anak nila ni Nicole. (Will the baby come out dancing on TikTok?)
• Janine Gutierrez waging best actress sa Gawad Urian; Rayver Cruz proud BF. (Much deserved. Who says she’s just a pretty face?)
• Imelda Papin hindi nagpatalo kina Vina Morales at Marcelito Pomoy. (Huh? OK, fine.)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.