Big star’s big no-no
Standoffish Luscious Star (LS) is known for her gift of gab. She can talk about anything and everything under the sun. But if there’s one thing LS deeply dislikes, it’s a line of questioning related to the absentee father her fans know very little about.
Veteran journo (VJ) learned this the hard way. VJ thought he was close enough to the emotionally distant star to “push the envelope.” So, he tried his luck and began asking questions about LS’ family life. But when VJ mentioned LS’ nowhere-to-be-found dad, LS just clammed up—and was no longer as “accessible” to VJ anymore.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Angelica Panganiban lilipat sa ibang TV network: ‘Pag walang-wala na kaming makain ng pamilya ko. (That’s called loyalty.)
• Coleen Garcia feeling ‘superwoman’ uli isang linggo matapos manganak; napraning nang magka-rashes ang baby. (Her maternal instinct has kicked in.)
• Paolo Contis na-excite sa pangakong regalo ni Jose Mari Chan. (Cue music: “Let’s sing Merry Christmas/ And a happy holiday…”)
• Julia Barretto balik-eskwela: ‘This is how I turn crisis into an opportunity.’ (Wise move. No point in staying idle…)
• Dennis Padilla speaks up, sends a message to Jay Sonza after starting pregnancy rumors about daughter Julia Barretto. (That’s what fathers are for.)
• Jed Madela nagpa-house tour, ibinandera ang Funko collection: ‘Yun ang pinaka-therapy ko. (We have different ways of decompressing…)
• Alden Richards sa pagbabalik-taping: Sobrang iba! Tapos, lahat hindi ko nakita ‘yung mukha. (Like a scene from a postapocalyptic zombie flick, right?)
• Liza Soberano nakipag-usap na sa abogado para i-reklamo ang viral ‘rape comment.’ (There are lessons that need to be learned here.)
• Tom Rodriguez’s internet gets cut, finds out he’s been paying different account because of wrong PLDT text. (Can we send him a PLDT text, too?)
• Maja Salvador announces exit from ABS-CBN amid shutdown issue. (A working woman’s gotta do what a working woman’s gotta do.)
• Kris Bernal na-depress nang hindi nirenew ng GMA ang kontrata niya… (Some good things never last.)
• Mariel Rodriguez dineny ang ‘di pagtatanggol sa isyu ng ABS-CBN shutdown. (Wait. You mean, she did?)
• Jessy Mendiola at Luis Manzano maraming bagay ang hindi napagkakasunduan… (And yet they choose to be together…)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.