John Regala claims not receiving donations raised by Chuckie Dreyfus, Nadia Montenegro | Inquirer Entertainment

John Regala claims not receiving donations raised by Chuckie Dreyfus, Nadia Montenegro

By: - Reporter
/ 06:32 PM August 26, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — Veteran actor John Regala has claimed that he did not receive a single cent on the donations that his fellow celebrities, Chuckie Dreyfus and Nadia Montenegro, raised for him.

“Wala po akong nakuhang ni-singko po sa kanilang nakalap na donasyon,” Regala said over Radyo Singko 92.5 News FM’s “Wanted Sa Radyo” on Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

(I did not receive a single cent from their donation.)

“Actually humihingi nga po ako sa kanila ngunit wala silang binibigay sa akin na anumang proof kung magkano ang binigay ng kapwa kong artista, yung mga netizens o yung mga kapwa kong tao,” he added.

FEATURED STORIES

(Actually, I even asked them, but they did not give me any proof of how much they raised, and how much was given by my fellow artists, as well as the netizens and from other people.)

Regala previously made headlines after he was helped by a food delivery driver, who spotted him in his frail state.

The actor, known for his baddie roles in both films and TV shows, is now suffering from liver cirrhosis and severe gout.

Dreyfus, Montenegro and veteran entertainment writer Aster Amoyo then sought donations to help Regala.

However, the trio decided to end their support for the actor, as they could not tolerate his “uncooperative” behavior and his habit of “abusive self-medication.”

Dreyfus, who also appeared on the radio program, disputed Regala’s claim.

According to the “That’s Entertainment” actor, he, Montenegro and Amoyo transferred P115,000, which was raised from the donations, to Regala’s account.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Meron po kaming proof of transfer galing sa banko mismo. May certificate po talaga kaming pinagawa sa bangko,” Dreyfus told the radio show’s host Raffy Tulfo.

(We have a proof of transfer from the bank. We have a certificate that we asked the bank to make.)

“Lahat po ng dumaan po sa amin na donations, tinanggap po namin ni Nadia at ni Nanay Aster,” Dreyfus explained. “Ngayon, yung mga tinanggap po namin, yun po ang ginamit namin sa ospital at sa pagpapaalaga po namin kay John.””

(All the donations went through me, Nadia and Aster. Now, all that we received, that was used to pay for his hospital bills.)

Dreyfus also claimed that he, Montenegro and Amoyo also gave a breakdown of the funds from those who donated.

Regala, meanwhile, said that he did not receive the list.

But Dreyfus told Tulfo that he handed the list to Regala’s assistant, Teddy Imperial.

Imperial, who was also present in the show, was not allowed by Tulfo to speak.

“Mukhang for me, sira na ang credibility nito because a.) sa kanya binigay yung mga resibo, at mukhang meron daw siyang sasabihin na hindi maganda,” Tulfo said of Imperial.

(For me, his credibility is already damaged. Because it was through him that the receipts were supposed to be given, and he was supposed to say bad things about Regala.)

“It’s not the right time, we have to investigate Sir Teddy muna (first),” Tulfo added. [ac]

Read Next
Follow @KHallareINQ on Twitter
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Chuckie Dreyfus, John Regala, Nadia Montenegro, Raffy Tulfo
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our entertainment news

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.