Christopher de Leon goes home after hospital stay in COVID-19 fight
MANILA, Philippines — Veteran actor Christopher de Leon has been discharged from The Medical City in Pasig, where he was confined while fightingthe coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
His wife, actress Sandy Andolong, shared on Instagram Stories Tuesday night that de Leon was “finally home.”
“Big thank you to all the staff, health workers, medics, nurses and doctors of Medical City hospital,” she said.
However, it was not mentioned if the actor had already made a full recovery.
After sharing his arrival home, Andolong posted a picture of a video group chat with their kids.
De Leon revealed last March 17 that he was positive for coronavirus despite having no recent travel history outside the Philippines and had no known contact with any COVID-19-positive patient.
His daughter Mariel, who is based in New York, recently defended her dad in availing of a COVID-19 test. She said her father had been sick and that her mom faces health issues besides being a kidney transplant patient.
Edited by JPV
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.