Top-rating actor’s meddlesome habit irks his director
Before his name became synonymous with greatness, it used to mean “meddlesome.”
This was at least for a film-TV director who had caught Meddlesome Chap (MC) trying to “direct” his coactors and the production team of the film he was part of. When Director confronted MC about it, the latter denied giving instructions to his teammates.
Director, however, shushed MC up, told him that she personally saw him in her monitor and heard him do it because he was wearing a lapel microphone at the time. And boy, did MC get some nasty scolding!
So on that day, when MC shot his rape scene in a supposed prison cell, his coactors could have sworn that his crying felt true-to-life.
Fast forward to a few years later, MC finally got his revenge on Director—when he was already involved in the creative process of his own projects. Director, meanwhile, could no longer find work on the network MC is part of—although no one dared to say that MC had a hand in this.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news in the Inquirer tabloid Bandera and why we are moved (if we are moved):
• Cardo Dalisay hindi umubra sa COVID-19; Coco, iba pang Kapamilya pahinga muna. (They deserve a break.)
• Dingdong Dantes, Rocco Nacino BFF na sa tunay na buhay. (When fact merges with fiction.)
• Kilalang hunk actor, user daw kaya iniwan ng dyowa. (There are sooo many of this type in the biz.)
• Sarah Lahbati, Richard Gutierrez nagpakasal bago ipatupad ang “community quarantine,” wala pang 20 ang guests. (Love prevails.)
• ABS-CBN ayaw tantanan ni Mocha Uson, netizens tinawag na ipokrita. (Tell us something we don’t know.)
• #Umay: Madlang pipol wala nang pakialam sa JaDine (Nemen.)
• Angeline Quinto pinakilig ang fans, may non-show biz dyowa na? (Huh? *cough* Next.)
• Angeline sa namamakyaw ng alcohol: Ano ’yan iinumin n’yo? Isasahog sa nilaga? (Galit na si ate. Lagot.)
• P85M halaga ng binebentang bahay ni James Reid makatarungan ba? (It’s his house; he doesn’t force people to buy it.)
• Pinoy celebs kanya-kanyang diskarte para ma-enjoy ang COVID-19 quarantine. (Hard to stay relevant in times like these.)
• Barbie Forteza nananawagan sa kabataan: Huwag n’yo nang hintaying mag-positive kayo. (Kids, stay home and play with Barbie dolls! And no tweetums, pwede?)
• Costars ni Boyet de Leon sa “Love Thy Woman” agad nagpa-checkup, pinayuhang mag self-quarantine. (Good idea.)
• Vico Sotto matalino, makataong mayor: Pasig, ampunin n’yo kami. (Kami rin, Mommy Coney, pretty please!)
• Coney kumasa sa TikTok challenge ni Carla Abellana at Rhian Ramos. (Isama mo na si Yorme Vico, Mommy Coney!)
• KC Concepcion love na love ang dagat: Nakaka-heal, nakakaganda? (…Including her relationship with Mommy Shawie?)
• Alden Richards: Kung ano pong meron ako ngayon, pinaghirapan ko lahat ’yun (Did you hear that, bashers?)
• Jay Sonza durug na durog sa fans ni Kim Chiu: Fake ambush, ikaw ang peke … laos ka na! (May point sila, huh.)
• Vin Abrenica mas palaban ang “bukol” kesa kay Aljur; walang takot maghubad. (What else can he show off if not those bulges?)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.