Proficient actress can’t take criticism
Presumptuous Babbler (PB) is well-regarded by colleagues and fans alike for her proficiency and dedication to her craft.
The problem, however, is that PB has a tendency to believe her own hype. She doesn’t take criticisms—even constructive ones—very well.
One time, PB told a critic that she felt betrayed and was unhappy with the not-so glowing review the latter gave to one of her past projects. Meanwhile, another writer, who felt similarly about that same project, received a lengthy message from PB expressing her displeasure.
On social media, PB searches for her name once in a while to see what people are saying about her. And when she’s feeling particularly defensive, she won’t hesitate to reply to users who dare say anything critical about her. Needless to say, PB is also overly conscious about her media presence. One time, she ranted to her bosses about not getting enough publicity—only to be presented by website links and clippings that prove otherwise. INQ
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news in the Inquirer tabloid Bandera (and why we are moved if we are moved).
•Concert, taping, mall shows nakansela dahil sa COVID-19. (Better safe than sorry.)
• Ibinuking ni Joross Gamboa: Kathryn Bernardo, Daniel Padilla malapit nang ikasal. (Joross needs to get spanked, right Karla?)
• Maine Mendoza, Arjo Atayde nagpakaligaya sa Palawan, talbog ang mga nagha-honeymoon. (It’s only a matter of time…)
• Maine tinawag na ate ni Ria Atayde, fans nagwala sa galit. (Ate, ate, ate, ate. ate…)
• Maine, Bong Revilla magsasama sa mala-“Taken” na pelikula, pero netizens kumontra. (Who are the enablers behind this very, very wise casting idea…?)
•Roxanne Barcelo nakipag-love scene sa babae sa 1 kundisyon… (Oh, she needs conditions?)
•Carla Abellana: OK lang sa amin ni Tom Rodriguez ang prenup, praktikal lang. (Nothing wrong with being practical…)
• Alessandra de Rossi buking na ang BF pero todo-deny pa rin. (At her age…?)
• Cristine Reyes waging best actress sa 40th Fantasporto film fest. (Well-deserved.)
•Jane de Leon nagbigay-pugay sa mga dating Darna. (Respectful.)
• Geneva Cruz wagi sa “I Can See Your Voice”; nahulaan ang tunay na “See-nger.” (It takes one to know one.)
•Payo kay Matteo Guidicelli: Huwag nang patulan si Mommy Divine, iwas karma. (As they say, “Honor thy mother [in-law].”)
•Mommy Divine dapat mag-seminar kina Jaclyn Jose at Annabelle Rama sa pagiging ina. (Aren’t there better choices?)
•Janella Salvador: Friends kami ni Joshua Garcia at ayaw naming basta masira ’yun. (Oo naman.)
•Robert Sucaldito sinuspinde pa rin kahit nag-sorry kay Nadine Lustre; nagreklamo sa Dole. (That’s what you call guts.)
• Rocco Nacino sa kilig story ng “DOTS”: Maraming nakaka-relate! (Good observation.)
• Mariel Rodriguez rumesbak sa bashers: OA talaga ako, tanggap ko ’yun! (It all starts with admission.)
• “Crash Landing on You” bagong segment sa “Bulaga”; tuloy ang iyakan sa “Bawal Judgmental.” (So, “CLOY” is a tearjerker?)
• Ex-“PBB” housemate Seth Fedelin pang-“MMK” ang buhay; nagsimula sa P500 na pamasahe. (From rags to riches.)
• Sofia Andres nabwisit sa Grab driver, order nabawasan. (Who wouldn’t?)
•Vice Ganda vs Boobay & Tekla: Tuloy ang bakbakan, matira-matibay. (Anybody interested?)
•DongJen powers (Dingdong Dantes-Jennylyn Mercdo) waging-wagi sa “DOTS”; Migo-Barbie (Migo Adecer-Barbie Forteza) hot na hot. (Yes and no.)
•Studio audience sa live shows ng ABS-CBN ipinagbawal na rin dahil sa COVID-19. (Good precautionary measure.)
•Fans ni Willie Revillame malulungkot sa “no audience” policy. (No chance for their 15 seconds of fame.)
• JM de Guzman, Kiko Estrada papasok na rin sa military; magte-training sa Air Force. (Ho-hum. Who’s next?)
•Ivana Alawi na-shock sa kayamanang ipinamana ng ama. (No balato?)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.