Prima donna up to her old tricks again-with hefty ex-heartthrob in tow
Seasoned Journo (SJ) couldn’t believe Delusional Angel (DA) still had it in her to act like a bratty schoolgirl. After all, DA is no longer the “it” girl she used to be in her heyday.
SJ and his colleagues were looking forward to the scheduled chitchat with DA, her hefty costar Monumental Actor (MA) and the production person with them, because it’s been a while since the two worked together on a project.
But the happy exchange soon took a turn for the twisted when DA and MA noticed that the bulk of the questions were being addressed by the production person beside them. Suddenly, SJ and company heard a curt “thank you” from DA, followed by the quickest French leave in this side of Tinseltown.
Apparently, DA wasn’t very pleased that they weren’t getting the lion’s share of attention from the writers around. SJ could only mutter, “But we were just warming up…!”
Lesson learned: Next time SJ gets his close encounter with DA and MA, he should make sure he’s all-eyes and all-ears when the self-entitled brats are around. Unless, he wants to get the kind of treatment that is as cold as the box-office performance of the duo’s odd venture.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news in the Inquirer tabloid Bandera (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
- #Mahal: Matteo Guidicelli, 5 taon pinag-ipunan ang engagement ring kay Sarah Geronimo! (Proves how priceless love is.)
- Regine Velasquez at Sarah biritan showdown sa 2020! (Whose side are you on?)
- John Lloyd Cruz goodbye na sa pagiging “dugyot,” mukha na ulit artista… (What does that say about those who are not “mukhang artista”?)
- John Lloyd proud daddy kay Elias; spotted sa Cebu airport. (But where’s Salome?)
- Dimples Romana binagyo ng blessings ngayong 2019; TV commercials biglang dumami. (When it rains, it pours.)
- Morissette Amon mas lalo pang naging nega sa dramang “Please pray for our family…” (As we said earlier, when it rains…)
- Totoong pagkatao ni Morissette mas nalantad pa sa pag-unfriend kay Jobert Sucaldito sa Facebook. (In her shoes, what would you do?)
- Glaiza de Castro ihahanap ng dyowa si Angelica Panganiban: Baka foreigner din ang ka-match n’ya! (Huh? Love knows no race.)
- Gerald Anderson nakaiskor ng pogi points, pinasaya ang mga batang-Basilan. (Guess who else he can please?)
- Birthday concert ni Betong Sumaya soldout; Alden Richards, Dingdong Dantes at comedian Michael V (Bitoy) umeksena… (A case of the guests being bigger than the main attraction…)
- Balitang pagpapakasal nina Alden at Maine Mendoza, fake news! (Nemen.)
- Maine buwis-buhay ang ginawang action scenes sa 2019 MMFF entry nila ni Bossing Vic Sotto. (Risking life and limb for her art…?)
- Bea Alonzo sa panggo-ghosting ni Gerald: Wala na akong kinatatakutang multo ngayon! (Who you gonna call? Ghostbuster!)
- Kim Chiu isinugod ni Xian Lim sa ospital, kinagat ng cute dog. (Did she incur a cute wound?)
- Kris Bernal waging Outstanding TV actress sa Gawad Amerika. (Really? How … outstanding!)
- Michelle Dee pasok sa Top 40 ng Miss World Top Model. (Take 2: Really?)
- Lucky charm ni JC Santos nasa puwet; gaganap na Lam-Ang. (Perfect excuse to show off.)
- Hirit ni Erwan Heussaff kay Anne Curtis: I hope our kid has your looks, but my voice… (Good wish.)
- Pia Wurtzbach tumangging maging backstage host sa 2019 Miss Universe. (She doesn’t want to make a career out of it.)
- Luis Manzano ayaw pang pakasalan si Jessy Mendiola: Huwag nating pilitin at madaliin! (Nothing wrong with being a single guy forever, right Jessy?)
- Pagbubuntis ni Liza Diño sa December hindi na matutuloy… (Uh, next … nexxxt!)
- Karla Estrada kinilig nang makitang may dala na litson baboy ang boyfriend?! (We’ll keep our comment to ourself…)
- Kitkat Favia naubos ang ipon kaya todo-trabaho: Namatay si nanay tapos kailangan operahan ang papa ko… (Look at the light at the end of the tunnel…)
- Mocha Uson sunug na sunog sa “SEA Games paandar” ni Ethel Booba; nilait-lait dahil sa toilet bowl. (Oh, why she is still around…?)
- Sto. Niño lucky charm ni Gazini Ganados sa 2019 Miss U; target maka-back-to-back win! (Goal-oriented.)
- Kapuso couple Juancho Trivino at Joyce Pring engaged na! (Exciting… OK, next!)
- “The Heiress” nina Maricel Soriano at Janella Salvador bawal sa mahihina ang puso; katakot, kadiri! Maja Salvador hindi kinaya ang barang, lumabas ng sinehan… (Either that or she didn’t like it…)
- Janella sa love life at sa kanyang rumored boyfriend na si Markus Patterson: Kapag ready na kami, sasabihin namin sa inyo. (Oooh, we’re waiting with bated breath … zzz.)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.