Alex Diaz apologizes amid accusation of ‘indecent proposal’ to fitness coach
MANILA, Philippines — Actor Alexander Diaz has apologized amid allegations he made an indecent proposal to fitness coach online.
“I ask forgiveness from my management, the brands, supporters, friends, my family and everyone else I let down by what I did and/or who I am,” Diaz wrote Tuesday in an Instagram post.
“Im sorry, I was wrong in my actions and failed to uphold the values I so strongly try to convey online,” he added.
Diaz’s apology came after a certain fitness coach named Miguel Chanco reportedly took to Facebook last week to accuse the actor of making an indecent proposal to him.
The actor then expressed thanks to supporters and vowed he will not “be shackled” by the fear of what others would say about him.
“But I sincerely thank everyone for not failing to remind me that I am human and that I too am loved,” Diaz said.
“Never again will I be shackled by the fear of what might be said about who I am for fear of losing my career and instead, I will seek help, heal and champion change, acceptance and representation for the bisexual community and/or anyone who is met with prejudice in our society,” he added.
Diaz also announced he will “rest” for now and will “come back stronger.”
“For now, I will rest, reevaluate and come back stronger and better than ever. I love you all, I have learned and I am growing. thank you,” the actor said. /je
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.