Ellen Adarna has given birth, lawyer confirms
After months of unending speculations, the birth of sexy actress Ellen Adarna’s child is officially confirmed by her lawyer.
The announcement was made by Atty. Rebo Saguisag Monday morning at the Pasig City Prosecutor’s office to validate Adarna’s repeated non-appearance in hearings of the child abuse and cybercrime cases filed against her. It was also to dispel such claims that their camp is just using delaying tactics.
“Actually after the hearing na sinabi namin, nanganak siya two days after so talaga namang wala kaming dahilan,” he told reporters.
(Actually after the hearing that we spoke, she already gave birth two days after so there wasn’t really any reason)
Saguisag’s statement would have to be the first confirmation from Adarna’s camp that indeed, her hiatus from showbiz was due to her pregnancy.
Adarna was said to have given birth last June 27, two days after the rescheduled June 25 hearing.
“So ‘yung sinasabi nilang delay, maybe for her to have a safe delivery and in due time. It’s a matter of days pa lang na maibyahe ‘yung sanggol,” he said.
(So the said delay maybe could be for her to have a safe delivery and im due time. It’s just a matter of days that the child could be brought to travel)
Mary Abo Santos, mother of 17-year-old teen who filed charges against Adarna told the media about her disappointment over Adarna’s repeated failure to appear in the proceedings. She said it was the other camp’s “play to delay” the case.
It was so for her because hearings to the case were set thrice. The original June 4 date showed no Adarna hence was rescheduled on June 11. Still there was no sight of the actress but her controversial partner, actor John Lloyd Cruz appeared on her behalf. It was then rescheduled again last June 25. Saguisag then said Adarna was advised against any form of travel, hence two days after, she delivered her baby.
However, there was no direct confirmation as to the child’s gender but rumors have it that the baby is a boy. An alleged baptismal rite inside Adarna’s hospital suite also circulated on social media.
Meanwhile, alleged photos of Cruz shopping in Cebu for baby things also became viral.
Both Cruz and Adarna took a showbiz break since late last year. Since October of 2017, the award-winning actor has been on an indefinite leave from showbiz to attend to personal matters as announced by ABS-CBN.
However recent rumors about him returning to ABS-CBN but was denied by the network came out.
ABS-CBN was quick to deny this. They said they value their relationship built with the actor through the years and that Cruz will always be a Kapamilya. /muf
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.