Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony
Popular American girl group Fifth Harmony took to social media on Monday to announce the departure of one of its members, Camila Cabello.
“After 4 and a half years of being together, we have been informed via her representatives that Camila has decided to leave Fifth Harmony. We wish her well,” the group said in a statement on their official Instagram account.
“You Harmonizers have been there with us since the beginning, you’ve supported us, you’ve rejoiced and cried with us, you’ve grown with us, and with your love and support, we will continue on,” it added.
But remaining members Ali Brooke, Normani Kordei, Dinah Jane, and Lauren Jauregui assured fans that they will continue to make music as a group despite Cabello’s exit.
“We are four strong, committed women who will continue with Fifth Harmony as well as our solo endeavors. We are excited for our future, and we can’t wait for what the new year brings. Harmonizers, we are in this together. We love you with all of our hearts,” the girls added.
Citing an insider, Billboard.com reported that tensions between Cabello and other Fifth Harmony members “had long been festering.” In May this year, Cabello told Billboard that she had been suffering from “terrible” and “nonstop” anxiety.
Fifth Harmony was formed during the second season of The X Factor USA in 2012. The group was behind the hit songs “Worth It,” “Bo$$,” “That’s My Girl,” “Write on Me,” and “Work from Home.”
Cabello had collaborated with Shawn Mendes in “I Know What You Did Last Summer” and Machine Gun Kelly in “Bad Things.” YG/JE
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.