Caitlyn Jenner escapes charges over deadly car crash
LOS ANGELES, United States—Transgender Olympian Caitlyn Jenner will not be charged with manslaughter in connection with a deadly car crash in Los Angeles earlier this year, authorities said Wednesday.
“There will be no charges” filed, Jane Robison, a spokeswoman at the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office told AFP.
Jenner in February was at the wheel of a large SUV that rear-ended a woman’s car which swerved into oncoming traffic and was struck by a vehicle.
Jenner walked away unhurt but the woman died.
Investigators had found that Jenner was driving “unsafely for the prevailing road conditions” and said she faced up to a year in prison if convicted of manslaughter.
The crash took place just months before Caitlyn Jenner, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, came out as transgender.