Entries to Cinemalaya 2017 accepted until Oct. 15, 2015
The main organizers of the premier independent film festival in the Philippines released announced the entries to the “Main Competition of the 2017 Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival and Competition” are being accepted until October 15, 2015 at the CCP Media Arts Division, Cultural Center of the Philippines, CCP Complex, Roxas Blvd., Pasay City.
The Cinemalaya Main Competition is a competition for full-length feature films.
Required materials for submission are:
1. Duly accomplished 2017 Entry Form;
2. Synopsis in Filipino or English (1 page, 12 pts. font size, not more than 300 words);
3. Detailed sequence treatment (between 50 – 60 sequences, double space, 12 pts. Courier, letter-sized bond paper, 1-inch margin all around);
4. Resume of proponent;
5. Two (2) pcs. recent photo of proponent (2in x 2in);
6. Samples of previous works (e.g. short films, etc.) in DVD format;
7. SIX (6) copies of the synopsis and detailed sequence treatment. The sheets MUST NOT bear the name of the proponent. Full scripts will NOT be accepted.
All entries must be submitted in a long expanding envelope properly labeled with the proponent’s name, title of film entry, and contact details.
Entry forms, mechanics and guidelines may be downloaded from www.cinemalaya.org and www.culturalcenter.gov.ph
Established in 2005, Cinemalaya is an all-digital film festival and competition that aims to discover, encourage and honor cinematic works of Filipino filmmakers.
To date, Cinemalaya has supported and promoted the production of 118 full feature independent films and 106 short films. Many of these films have won awards in local and international competitions and festivals. Through the annual festival, Cinemalaya has showcased over 1,000 works by independent filmmakers including full feature films, shorts, documentaries, Filipino film classics, and art films.
For more information about Cinemalaya, visit www.cinemalaya.org, www.culturalcenter.gov.ph and the Cinemalaya Facebook page (Cinemalaya Foundation Organization) or CCP Media Arts Division Office at telephone number 832-1125 local 1704-1705.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.