Katy Perry, spider-dog top popular online videos
LOS ANGELES — Katy Perry and a dog dressed like a spider are among 2014’s top online video subjects.
Perry’s “Dark Horse” reigned supreme on YouTube’s top 10 most popular music videos, while a prank featuring a dog done up as a spider chasing unsuspecting pedestrians led the site’s top 10 trending videos.
YouTube said Tuesday the top trending videos for 2014 were based on views, shares, comments, likes and more.
Perry’s “Dark Horse” has galloped away with over 715 million views, and Polish prankster Sylwester Wardega’s spider-dog video has caught more than 113 million views.
Other top trending video subjects included soccer stars Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar in a Nike commercial, a singing nun on the Italian edition of “The Voice,” a group of strangers kissing for the first time and the comic book characters Superman and Goku engaging in a fictional rap battle.
Enrique Iglesias, Shakira, Jason Derulo and Sia were among other artists with music videos on YouTube’s list.
YouTube’s top 10 trending videos of 2014:
- “Mutant Giant Spider Dog,” SA Wardega.
- “Winner Stays,” Nike Football.
- “FIRST KISS” by Tatia PIlieva.
- “Suor Cristina Scuccia,” TheVoiceOf Italy.
- “iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test,” Unbox Therapy.
- “Bars & Melody,” Britain’s Got Talent.
- “Puppy Love,” Budweiser.
- “Devil Baby Attack,” DevilsDueNYC.
- “Goku vs. Superman,” ERB.
- “10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman,” Street HarassmentVideo.
YouTube’s top 10 music videos of 2014:
- “Dark Horse,” Katy Perry featuring Juicy J.
- “Bailando,” Enrique Iglesias featuring Descemer Bueno and Gente De Zona.
- “Can’t Remember to Forget You,” Shakira featuring Rihanna.
- “La La La,” Shakira featuring Carlinhos Brown.
- “Wiggle,” Jason Derulo featuring Snoop Dogg.
- “Fancy,” Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX.
- “Chandelier,” Sia.
- “Shake It Off,” Taylor Swift.
- “All About That Bass,” Meghan Trainor.
- “Anaconda,” Nicki Minaj.
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.