‘Sarah G. Live’ bids farewellBy Allan Policarpio
Philippine Daily Inquirer
MANILA, Philippines—On Wednesday, ABS-CBN released an official statement announcing that Sarah Geronimo’s musical variety show “Sarah G. Live” will air its final episode on Sunday. The network said the move was done to allow the 24-year-old singer-actress, who just renewed her contract with ABS-CBN, to focus on other projects line-up for her this year which include a judging stint on “The Voice of the Philippines,” a drama anthology and a movie with John Lloyd Cruz.
The sudden announcement surprised not a few fans, some whom still holding tickets to the show’s Feb. 24 episode. Asked about the seemingly premature end of “Sarah G. Live,” ABS-CBN corporate communications head Bong Osorio told the INQUIRER that “the show wasn’t cancelled, but has simply ran its course.”
“Sarah already hinted in last week’s episode that she will be having an important announcement on Sunday,” Osorio said. “We had to issue a statement because of rumors and speculations preempting her announcement.”
Osorio also denied that low ratings is to blame. “The show ended on a high note. It’s just that Sarah will be busy with other projects, especially those which involves acting,” he said.
Geronimo, a talent of Viva Entertainment, started hosting “Sarah G. Live” on Feb. 26 last year.
Meanwhile, Viva executive June Rufino told the INQUIRER that no statement will be coming out from their camp, and declined to divulge details about the show’s demise. She however said that “the decision to stop the show was mutually agreed upon by both Viva and ABS-CBN.”
Recent Stories:Complete stories on our Digital Edition newsstand for tablets, netbooks and mobile phones; 14-issue free trial. About to step out? Get breaking alerts on your mobile.phone. Text ON INQ BREAKING to 4467, for Globe, Smart and Sun subscribers in the Philippines.