When instant fame makes celebs ‘forgetful’
Instant fame can be a tricky thing. There’s something about it that makes some celebrities forget about the people—or the shows—that helped them get to where they are now. But we’ve always found it “odd” (and ungrateful) for newbies, particularly those who are on the verge of better prospects, to believe they can accomplish bigger things by ignoring what got them “through the door,” so to speak.
Last year, Rushes wrote about US-based Talent Search Hunk (TSH) who forbade Filipino interviewers from asking him about the show that made him “sort of popular.” To say the least, TSH’s air of arrogance brought him nowhere.
When TSH performed in a splashy show in Manila, he croaked his way throughout his production number and looked ill-prepared for the gig. As it turned out, TSH was really nothing but a “third-rate, trying hard” singer wannabe.
In another interview pitched to the local press, Flashy Hottie (FH) said she was very much ready for her tete-a-tete with local reporters.
But an hour or so before the actual chat was set to take place, FH suddenly sent word that she was not going to answer any question about the dazzling show that made her famous. Well, gee whiz, how’s that for gratitude? As the saying goes, “Ang taong hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan… baka may stiff neck!”
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Marian Rivera, Dingdong Dantes planong kumuha ng franchise ng isang kilalang fast food chain para kina Zia at Sixto (They’re starting ‘em young.)
• Sharon Cuneta nakiusap sa bashers na huwag nang pagsabungin ang mga anak: ‘Please, tama na, nananahimik kaming lahat’ (The downside of being in show biz…)
• Pia Wurtzbach hindi nagdamot ng suporta kay Michelle Dee sa paglaban nito sa Miss Universe 2023: ‘Ang lakas natin! Nakakakilig!’ (We’ve heard that line before, so let’s just wait and see.)
• Angelica Panganiban 2 beses nang na-postpone ang kasal kay Gregg Homan, tuluy na tuloy na sa 2024: ‘Parang ayaw ng universe na itago namin’ (Kami rin.)
• Bea Alonzo hindi nang-aaway ng babae, paalala ng ina: You can never seduce a happy husband (Voice of reason.)
• Eric Fructuoso umaming naging dyowa si Toni Gonzaga, tumagal din ng 3 years ang relasyon (Who would have known?)
• Rebelasyon ni Louise delos Reyes sa relasyon nila noon ni Alden Richards: ‘Kapag nag-aaway kami, para kaming magdyowa’ (Weh, ‘di nga?)
• Sunshine Dizon sumobra ang kapayatan ng mukha, anyare? (They’re also concerned when she’s “heftier.” Tsk.)
• Seth Fedelin pangarap maging action star: ‘Gusto kong masubukan kung paano makipagsuntukan’ (You don’t have to be in show biz to do that, Seth.)
• Christian Bables bukas sa same-sex relationship: ‘Kung io-open ni God yung heart and mind ko for that, why not?’ (Aba, open-minded.)
• Ruru Madrid sa pinagdaanang pagsubok: ‘Ang sakit! Natutulog akong umiiyak dumating sa point na feeling ko wala nang mangyayari sa akin’ (When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!)