T.O.P says he has ‘already withdrawn’ from K-pop boy group BigBang
T.O.P confirmed that he has “already withdrawn” from K-pop boy group BigBang, while hinting that a solo album is currently in the works.
The K-pop idol confirmed this in response to one @safiraqutorul who asked if he had left the group, as seen in the comments section of his Instagram post on Tuesday, May 30.
“I’ve already withdrawn [from BigBang],” he said. “I’ve already told you guys that I’m leaving and I’m now facing a new chapter in my life since last year.”
Sharing several reports on Instagram Stories, the singer also revealed that he’s “still making [his] albums” which is a seeming hint that solo music is coming soon.
T.O.P’s confirmation comes more than a year after his departure from former label, YG Entertainment in February 2022, however, it can be noted that the agency pointed out that he wanted to “broaden his individual activities aside from just BigBang.”
“T.O.P’s exclusive contract with YG has ended, and he will be taking on a wide variety of new challenges as both an artist and an entrepreneur,” YG’s statement read, according to a translation from Soompi.
“We respected T.O.P’s desire to broaden the scope of his individual activities aside from just his promotions with BIGBANG, and he successfully came to an agreement about this with the other members,” the agency further explained.
Born as Choi Seung-hyun, T.O.P debuted as the lead rapper, visual, and vocalist of BigBang in August 2006. The group currently has three active members namely, G-Dragon, Taeyang, and Daesung, as of this writing. EDV