4-hour wait for remorseless star
We recently heard the story of the starlet who trended for having the gall to blame a respected actress for her own tardiness. A little birdie also told us that a seasoned actress also made the staff of her own TV show wait because she was crying over something she saw on TV. Indeed, local show biz really has a way of creating its own monsters.
Pretty Presenter (PP) also has had her share of experiences with entitled stars or pig-headed has-beens who think their perceived popularity is a good enough excuse for blatant displays of unprofessionalism.
In PP’s case, she had a last-minute interview with Wacky Nene (WN), who turned out to be one of PP’s worst interviewees of all time. In those days, WN was so popular that she even won an acting award despite her limited acting skills.
We’ve also heard of horror stories about WN’s prima donna ways—like, WN would refuse to go onstage when she wasn’t in the mood. But PP’s first-hand account of having crossed paths with WN all but confirmed to us how maldita WN could be when she wanted to “flex her power” or throw her weight around.
PP agreed to host a short video clip for a show when a seasoned producer begged her to do a quick Q&A with WN. Little did PP know that WN would make her wait … and wait … and wait even more! Before PP knew it, she realized she had been waiting for PP for—four hours!
PP quipped, “And you know what’s worse? When WN finally arrived, she looked like nothing happened … like it was her birthright to let people wait! She didn’t even apologize for what she did. I was so mad, but I finished the job and swore never to work with WN ever again.” Good riddance!
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Promise ni Sarah Geronimo sa mga Popsters: Excited po ako sa 2023 dahil marami-rami akong surprises sa inyo! (Don’t you just love surprises?)
• John Prats wish na ma-experience na ni Sam Milby ang magkapamilya: Hindi naman sa pini-pressure ko siya na I have 3 kids na… (Does Sam have a biological clock, as well? Tee-hee.)
• Catriona Gray may birthday fundraising event, nanawagan sa publiko: Every child deserves to live a happy, healthy life (Nemen.)
• Liza Soberano may pangako sa LizQuen fans para sa kanyang 25th birthday, excited na sa mga pasabog ngayong 2023 (Been a while since the last pasabog…)
• Enchong Dee kinailangan pang sumabak sa ‘immersion’ kasama ang mga PWD bago mag-invest sa Academy of Rock (Such commitment!)
• Jessy Mendiola nanganak na sa panganay nila ni Luis Manzano bago mag-Bagong Taon (Peanut will be the Baby for All Seasons, right Lola Vi?)
• Jodi Sta. Maria sinagip ang kuting na iyak nang iyak sa airport: ‘I got her, took her home and named her Naia’ (Be careful with the kitten’s heart, Jodi, OK?)
• Rocco Nacino inisa-isa ang benefits ng ‘skin to skin contact’ sa mga tatay at sanggol: ‘Helps you feel more confident as a father…’ (Huh? OK.)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.