Newcomer living the high life with a little help from wealthy companion
Show biz can be financially lucrative to its A-listers. While some actors aren’t always in it for the money, there are those who see it as a way to earn a quick buck or boost their commercial appeal and “bankability.”
But some newbies are too impatient to spend a long time earning their keep or honing their craft … like Dishy Youngster (DY), who obviously doesn’t mind cutting corners on his way to elusive stardom.
Unfortunately for “twinky” DY, he is just one of Tinseltown’s “sampu-sampera” newcomers who’s better seen than heard. On social media, DY never forgets to post some “thirst-trapping” photos that draw the attention of both impressionable fans and probable “sponsors.”
In fact, DY has been seen by Rushes Mole (RM) splurging his “newfound” money at a high-end enclave in the metropolis, where he shops, then “wines and dines” with a rich-looking older gay companion. He even works out at the high-end gym of a pricey hotel.
Last time we checked, DY was seen in a supporting role for a TV series produced by a block-timing producer. RM couldn’t help but think, “Ang taas siguro ng talent fee ni DY … nakakainggit (laughs)!”
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Maja Salvador pinagtripan si Bea Alonzo nang mag-guest sa ‘Eat Bulaga’: ‘O, ano kayo ngayon, close na kami!’ (Would Bea be as bold if it were her controversial ex?)
• Friendship nina Joshua Garcia at Daniel Padilla hindi nawasak ng intriga. (Kindred spirits.)
• Sandara Park may nakakalokang rebelasyon tungkol sa pakikipag-date; handa nang pumasok sa seryosong relasyon. (at her age, shouldn’t she be?)
• Bea Alonzo ipinagdarasal si Lolit Solis: I heard she’s sick, lalong hindi ako sasagot… I respect her so much. (That’s Bea taking the high road, as always.)
• K Brosas tuloy ang demanda sa dating contractor ng bahay: Kailangan ko ng hustisya, hindi puwedeng ganun-ganu’n na lang! (Always demand for your money’s worth.)
• Tip ni Andrea Torres sa mga hindi maka-move on sa mga ex-dyowa: Kailangang ma-accept mo lang na tapos na, wala na! (Is there any other way to do it?)
• QC kabilang sa worldwide ‘top listeners’ ni Taylor Swift. (Pinoys love her music as much as they love her.)
• Oct. 7 idineklarang Jo Koy Day sa LA: I will continue to wave my flag high… Mahal kita! (Here’s one successful Film-Am who truly loves his Filipino roots.)
• K-pop group ENHYPEN may ‘fan meet’ sa Disyembre. (Another reason for fans to save.)
• ‘Pagpisil’ ni James Reid sa nipple ng kaibigang CEO pinagpiyestahan sa socmed: Ano ba talaga koya? (Uh, well, what’s wrong with helping your friend scratch an itch?)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.