Hunky newcomer gets preferential treatment over talented screen partner
Affable Gent (AG) got big exposure when he played lead in one of his most recent projects. He received a number of rave reviews from netizens for his performance there, too. AG, however, said he never felt that he was valued nor respected by the people he worked with in the production, particularly his onscreen partner, Loutish Newcomer (LN).
Since the project was shot on location on a nondescript Luzon island, accommodations were naturally lacking. AG had to share a one-bed hotel room with LN. What others did not discover until after the project wrapped up was that LN got the entire bed for himself and made AG lie down on the floor the entire time.
There was even a time when LN finished work earlier than AG and then the former headed straight to their room to rest. When AG arrived, he knocked on the door, but LN refused to let him in. Poor AG was forced to crash in another coactor’s room for that particular night.
What’s worse was that AG was never provided his own transportation and would simply share a vehicle with LN, who had less scenes to shoot and so would often get to use the van ahead of AG to visit nearby hotspots. AG always had to ride with others to get to his next scene location.
AG is a talented actor who’s just waiting for that big break. Too bad for the members of this particular production team, AG swears he will never work with them again.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Rhian Ramos ibinuking ang pinandidirihan sa lalaki. (Cleanliness should always be a top priority.)
• Ruru Madrid matindi rin ang pinagdaanang hirap sa buhay; hindi man lang makabili noon kahit French fries. (Now he can get a Big Mac to go with it…)
• Sigaw ni Carla Abellana: Itigil ang paghuli, pagkatay, pagluto at pagkain ng aso! Ito po ay isang krimen! (Go, Carla!)
• Aljur Abrenica inatake ng ‘golden bashers’ matapos mag-post ng cryptic message kasabay ng birthday ni AJ Raval. (Ah, the “complications” people get themselves into…)
• Birthday hirit ni Chito Miranda kay Neri Naig: Mahal na mahal na mahal talaga kita, asawa ko… buti na lang talaga nilandi kita! (A risk that had paid off beautifully…)
• Maxene Magalona may 7 bagay na itinigil gawin para mas maging ‘hayahay’ ang buhay: Bawal judgmental, iwas kanegahan. (But some people thrive on those things, Maxene.)
• Donny Pangilinan ibinandera ang ipinatatayong dream house: ‘Almost there!’ (Preparing for something more, uh, “permanent”?)
• K-pop group na Lapillus enjoy na enjoy sa Pinas, nakatikim na ng mga lutong-Pinoy. (What’s not to enjoy and love, right?)
• Camille Prats wish makasama uli sa movie si Angelica Panganiban: Sa edad namin ngayon, ano kayang feeling na magkatrabaho uli kami? (Ahm, older probably…?)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.