‘Gender-bending’ reason reportedly behind couple’s ‘more fleeting than lasting’ romance
The way couples have been calling it quits in local Tinseltown, you’d think romance is truly more fleeting than lasting in this day and age. Even before the gossip-fodder breakup of Surprised Beauty (SB) and Hunky Endorser (HE), celebrity-loving “mirons” were also appropriately intrigued by the baffling split-up of Pretty Sweetheart (PS) and Nerdy Jock (NJ), whose fairy tale love story initially seemed destined for a “happily ever after” outcome.
While there’s a perceived element of deception in PS and NJ’s problem, Rushes’ not-so-little birdy (NB) said that it isn’t really because of the material reason we thought it was. NB added that there’s even a “gender-bending” angle to the couple’s mysterious parting: a third party! How shocking, if true!
Hasn’t NJ heard the saying, “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”?
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Nadine Lustre naghubo’t-hubad sa beach (If you’ve got it, flaunt it.)
• Rey “PJ” Abellana hindi pa rin pinapansin ni Carla, umaasang magkaayos pa sila ni Tom Rodriguez (Did PJ say too much?)
• Ella Cruz nasaktan sa sinabi ni Pokwang: Naging nanay ko po kasi siya (Don’t mothers always know best, Ella?)
• Boobs ni Heart Evangelista pinagtripan ng basher, resbak ng aktres: Should I remove mine? (Yikes! Sounds painful.)
• Rayver Cruz nilaglag nina Rodjun, Geneva at Sunshine, binigyan ng ‘warning’ si Julie Anne San Jose (Asar-talo.)
• Vice Ganda hinamon si Anne Curtis: Hindi mo kayang mag-selfie ng nagpa-pump ng gatas (May point s’ya diyan. Tee-hee.)
• Regine Velasquez aminadong tapos na ang kanyang era bilang sikat na singer: It’s no longer my time (Still, nobody can sing better than this Songbird.)
• Liza Soberano, James Reid magtatambal nga ba sa isang proyekto? (Perfect time to “diversify.” Should we start calling them Team JaZa?)
• Anak nina Claudine Barretto at Raymart Santiago pasadong matinee idol (Is it too early to organize a fan club?)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.