Miss World 2021 Karolina Bielawska: 10 things to know about this new queen
During her stint in the 70th Miss World pageant, Karolina Bielawska of Poland stressed that everyone can be great and there are always unique experiences where people can learn about themselves, but there is not one “most important discovery.”
“The most important discovery, I believe that this is no one. But every day we learn something new and we all have unique experiences and all of us can learn something about ourselves […] What I discovered is that it cost us so little to enrich the [lives] of others and this is the cause that we can all afford and believe me it’s worth its price,” she said. “[…] We can all be great because everyone can serve and this discovery seems so simple but it’s actually life-willing.”
Bielawska urged those who want to discover new things to be more empathetic, compassionate and grateful, an answer that won her the title of Miss World 2021 in the pageant held at Puerto Rico today, March 17.
Aside from her beauty and allure, there is also a side of Bielawska that embraces adventure and volunteerism. There is more to learn from Miss World’s new queen.
Here’s just some basic facts and trivia that fans of Miss World can learn about Bielawska:
- Bielawska is the second woman from Poland to win Miss World, following Miss World 1989 Aneta Kręglicka.
- She holds a bachelor’s degree in management and is a business student studying for her masters degree.
- Aside from being a business student, Bielawska also works as a model.
- She started her modeling career at the age of 14, when she participated in the Elite Model Look competition and won second place.
- Bielawska hopes to become a TV host and motivational speaker someday.
- She is an “adrenaline seeker” who has a passion for traveling. She also enjoys swimming, scuba diving, ziplining, windsurfing, wild rafting and hiking.
- Bielawska participates in volunteer work and offers support to the homeless.
- John C. Maxwell is one of her favorite authors, as she likes reading books on self-development and leadership.
- “The Pursuit of Happyness,” “Life Itself,” “The Notebook,” “Focus” and “Devil Wears Prada” are some of her favorite films.
- If she were ever to star in a movie someday, Bielawska hopes to work with Margot Robbie since she has heard she looks like the Australian actress.
Tracy Maureen Perez, the Philippines’ bet for Miss World, bowed out of the competition after making it to the top 13 but failing to enter the pageant’s top 6. She was also one of the winners of the Beauty With a Purpose and Head-to-Head challenges. JB