Nadine Lustre's camp to challenge court's recent ruling on Viva issue | Inquirer Entertainment
Close  

Nadine Lustre’s camp to challenge court’s recent ruling on Viva issue

/ 06:04 PM June 16, 2021
Nadine Lustre

Nadine Lustre (Image: Instagram/@nadine)

Nadine Lustre’s camp will be contesting the Quezon City Regional Trial Court’s recent ruling ordering her to uphold her exclusive contract with the agency.

“I trust naman that Atty. Lorna can help me out on this and I’m just leaving it up to them,” the actress-singer said in an interview with television veteran Boy Abunda last night, June 15, on the latter’s YouTube channel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Abunda, who obtained a statement from lawyer Lorna Kapunan, decided to disclose Lustre’s camp’s stance by reading it to his viewers during the said live virtual interview, which occurred just a few hours after news of the court ruling broke out.

“The court denied Viva’s claims for attachment and garnishment of Nadine’s hard-earned earnings and her Bank accounts. This is a victory for Nadine,” the Kapunan and Castillo Law Offices said in the statement as read by Abunda.

FEATURED STORIES

“The court, however, granted status quo order in consideration of rights of third parties prior to Nadine’s termination of its contract with VIVA,” the statement read.

“But the issue of whether there still is a valid contract between Viva and Nadine was not decided by the Court which said that this issue is subject to arbitration proceedings and not the court,” Lustre’s camp added.

Lustre’s camp also asserted that the actress has “fulfilled and continues to respect the prior contracts with third parties even after she terminated the agreement with Viva for various material breach committed by Viva.”

“We are filing a motion for reconsideration on the status quo order. Nadine will continue the concert and pending contracts that VIVA will be claiming their 40% commission,” Lustre’s camp disclosed.

The statement refers to Lustre’s upcoming “Absolute Madness” online concert directed by Menchu Lauchenco-Yulo, which will be streamed on Kumu on July 3.

“VIVA will also be notified of future engagements of Nadine pending that arbitrable issue of her VIVA agency management agreement,” the statement concluded.

ADVERTISEMENT

Lustre, who had been with Viva since 2009, was sued by the company last year for supposedly breaching her exclusive contract, which was supposed to end in 2029. Kapunan previously disclosed that Lustre has been “self-managed” since January 2020. Ian Biong /ra

RELATED STORIES:

Nadine Lustre ordered by court to honor her contract with Viva Artists Agency

LOOK: Nadine Lustre featured on billboard now up on New York’s Times Square

The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Boy Abunda, breach of contract, Lorna Kapunan, Nadine Lustre, Viva, Viva Artists Agency
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our entertainment news

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.