Testy bloke has heavier ‘burden’ to carry
Cranky Bloke (CB) is in dire need of projects—lots of them. And fast.
CB had been anxious and itching to get back to work since the pandemic started. He can’t afford to take a long break, not only because he has debts to pay, but also because he has to sustain his Unassuming Spouse’s (US) lifestyle.
Expenses would have been more manageable for CB if it were only US’ taste for luxury he was satisfying. Unfortunately, CB finds himself forking out money for US’ family, too.
One time, during a family trip overseas, CB and US decided to try an outdoor activity. But US wouldn’t settle for used equipment. So, CB had to buy brand new sets of gear for US and her relatives, who were joining them.
And this happens every so often, a mole said. Whenever CB buys something nice for US, he feels compelled to have something for her family, too.
They’re like a package deal, the mole added. And the more there are of them, the deeper his pockets need to be.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved.):
• Angel Locsin mamimigay ng cash sa mga biktima ng Bagyong Rolly; Catriona Gray, Enchong Dee humiling ng donasyon. (Have their red-tagging detractors been doing the same?)
• Angel balak magdemanda dahil sa red-tagging: Ma-clear lang pangalan namin kasi nakakatakot po. (They’re getting away with slander.)
• Alden Richards 3 beses nakasaksi ng exorcism: Walang hangin, sumara lahat ng pinto sa bahay, as in may nagagalit. (Walang hangin, huh? Did he have an oxygen tank with him then?)
• Geneva Cruz nagparetoke ng ilong sa edad na 16: I was bullied so much in show business. (Isn’t 16 a little too young for surgical enhancements?)
• Michele Gumabao, Sandra Lemonon tinuhog ng bashers: Paulit-ulit lang, ‘wag nang pa-victim. (Yup, it’s never easy to lose…)
• Ai-Ai delas Alas sa bashers ng ‘BlackPink paandar’ sa ‘The Clash’: Thank you, napansin n’yo ako. (What’s with Ai-Ai and her K-pop bashers? Is there a pattern here or what?)
• Payo ni Super Tekla sa mga KapuTek: Iwasan na nating mag-judge, humusga, manlait. (Learning from experience?)
• Julia Barretto umaming in-love ngayon; na-trauma sa paghihiwalay nila ng dating dyowa. (Love, like hope, springs eternal.)
• ‘Mahina ang ulo’ comment ni Arnell Ignacio sa soc med para nga ba kay Angelica Panganiban? (So what? Angelica has show biz-worthy skills some people can only salivate about.)
• Direktor ng BL movie feel na feel ang tambalang Jameson Blake at Joao Constancia. (Wish fulfillment?)
• Joao sa ex-GF na si Sue Ramirez: I hope you’re happy… (Do we expect her to say the opposite?)
• KC Concepcion nagsalita na sa tunay na ‘relasyon’ nila ni apl.de.ap. (Not yet ready to become kc.de.ap?)
• Netizens naglabas ng ebidensya para patunayan ang tunay na ugali ni Rabiya Mateo. (Doesn’t matter. The cape and crown are with her already.)
• Xian Lim feeling ‘nabudol’ sa nabiling grandfather’s clock. (Hmm. Eh ‘di, i-benta din n’ya…)
• Ryza Cenon nanganak na: Napakahirap, pero lahat worth it! (Masubukan nga…)
• Tambalang Kokoy de Santos-Elijah Canlas ng ‘GameBoys’ pahinga muna; Alex Diaz biglang umeksena. (His time to shine.)
• Rhian Ramos hiling ang mas makatotohanang pagtalakay sa TV ng mga LGBTQ+ story. (Not an unreasonable wish.)
• Hugot ni Vice Ganda: Namatay ako for a time, pero ngayon nabuhay ulit. (Ay, multo!)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.