Delusional heartthrob lives in a bubble
In a recent press briefing for his latest endorsement, Delusional Heartthrob (DH) looked visibly taken aback when a veteran writer asked him about how he manages to keep his feet on the ground despite living a sheltered existence.
You’d think the question would sound flattering to him, but no, onion-skinned DH thought even the suggestion of a “special treatment” was unflattering. Apparently, so many of local Tinseltown’s stars think their alalays and image-tweaking publicists don’t set them apart from the common tao.
For much of his career as a matinee idol, however, DH’s management company has been shielding him from inquisitive journos with questions that make him uncomfortable, like his long-speculated sexual orientation. Of course, DH was merely avoiding a potential entitlement issue, but he certainly looked like he flinched upong hearing the word “sheltered,” even if the word was a spot-on demonstration of all that cordon sanitaire. Earth to DH, Earth to DH … time to burst that bubble! And while you’re at it, how about out of the closet, as well?
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved.):
• Kathryn Bernardo shocked kay Lee Min-ho. (Most women would simply swoon and get swept off their feet.)
• Cute na ABC video ng bunso nina Marian Rivera at Dingdong Dantes, viral na. (He’ll grow up a heartbreaker…)
• Dennis Trillo ido-donate ang talent fee sa staff at crew ng “I Can See You.” (That’s called sharing your blessings…)
• Mga tsismosang followers, blinock ni Janella Salvador sa social media. (Why not make her account private? Or delete it altogether?)
• Super Tekla inireklamo ng live-in partner: ‘No sex, no sustento.’ (Nonconsensual sex is rape.)
• Barbie Imperial nagbi-breakdown sa lock-in taping: Sobrang hirap po talaga. (Well, mahirap talagang kumita ng pera.)
• Beauty Gonzalez handa na uling makipagbakbakan kay Dimples Romana. (Still not done milking their series for its pa-kwela excesses?)
• Cassy Legaspi nasuka nang bumili ng branded na sapatos: Na-stress ako, hindi ko talaga kaya! (Let’s hope it’s not the smell, right Cassy?)
• Babala ni Ruffa Gutierrez sa mga boys: Kapag sinira nila ang buhay ng mga anak ko, lagot sila. (Whoa, veeery wise words.)
• Kanta ni Aicelle Santos swak sa pandemya. (Let’s hear it again, Aicelle … via Zoom.)
• LGBTQ+ bilib sa tapang ng GMA; Chynna Ortaleza nagpasalamat sa ‘halikan’ nina Rhian Ramos at Jennylyn Mercado. (Dare to be relevant.)
• Sosyal na French fries ni Heart Evangelista trending. (So, what’s next, Heart?)
• Kris Aquino nakatipid nang bongga dahil sa pandemic; branded bags, shoes planong i-donate sa charity. (Just do it.)
• Kris ka-join sa ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ sequel: OMG! I hope it happens! (Hope springs eternal.)
• Arjo Atayde kay Maine Mendoza: Thank you bubs, I love you super kaduper much! (Still going strong?)
• Kylie Versoza sa mga epal: Ano bang pakialam n’yo? So what? (Oo nga naman.)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.