Actress embarrassed by her boo-boo
Gobsmacked Artist (GA) was her usual cheerful self at a glitzy event, exchanging pleasantries with guests and obliging them with photo ops.
After the program, Stunned Mediaperson (SM) approached GA—whom she had worked with on a past project—to say hello and give her well-wishes.
As SM walked toward her, GA noticed that the former had what looked like, at least to her, a baby bump.
“Congratulations! How far along are you?” GA said.
SM was rendered speechless for a second. “Uh… I’m not pregnant,” she replied.
Realizing her boo-boo, GA panicked and tried to slink out of the awkward situation by claiming that someone had given her the wrong information.
“But I thought … I was told by…” GA said, her eyes darting around the venue, as if looking for backup. Oops!
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Julia Barretto walang planong patawarin si Jay Sonza: I was proud of myself. (She should be very proud of herself. On the other hand, shameless, washed-up gossipmongers shouldn’t.)
• Bea Alonzo sikat, maganda, matalino, mapagmahal at mayaman, pero nagawa pa ring saktan. (Even movie queens can get their hearts broken.)
• Vice Ganda sa bonggang pasabog ng “It’s Showtime”: Ayoko na lang magsalita baka mapagalitan ako! (Less talk, less mistakes.)
•Edward Barber emosyonal na nagpasalamat sa fans nila ni Maymay Entrata; bagong MayWard movie, tuloy na. (Their fans and followers have good reason to cheer.)
• Ellen Adarna sa basher: Ghorl na mukhang boy, ‘wag mong ipahalata ang pagka-ignorante mo. (Ouch. This feisty party girl sure knows how to fight back.)
• #IkawNa: ‘Dynamite’ dance cover Ruru Madrid BTS. (Even Enrique Gil has his own version of it. The BTS fever rages on.)
• Yassi Pressman tuloy ang pagpapagawa ng bahay kahit may pandemya; kilalang aktres tinaasan pa ang TF. (Can’t let a virus stall their plans.)
• Billy Crawford bilang tatay: Tinupad ko na ang pangarap ni Kuya Germs, ‘Walang tulugan!’ (Sabi pa ng mga suki ni Kuya Germs, “Congratulation.” No S because it’s singular?)
• Birthday surprise kay Maja Salvador kinarir ni Rambo Nuñez; nagpakaligaya sa Amanpulo. (Did she wear a blindfold all the way to Amanpulo?)
• Lolit Solis kay Caridad Sanchez: Buong araw akong na-upset, nagbalik sa alaala ang scam na ginawa ko. (‘Di nga?)
• Maymay sa tunay na Prince Charming: May paninindigan sa sinasabi at nararamdaman niya para sa ‘yo. (May pinaparinggan?)
• Angelica umaming na-in love sa may sabit: Pareho kaming may karelasyong iba. (Love knows no … loyalty?)
• Judy Ann Santos may dalawang rason kung bakit nag-aral ng culinary; pinaghandaan ang tanong ni Yohan. (Like, “Anong ulam?”)
• Andi Eigenmann hindi maitodo ang selebrasyon ng pagbubuntis dahil sa pandemya. (Just how does one celebrate pagbubuntis exactly?)
• Rachelle Ann Go pinakasalan ang lalaking hiniling kay Lord: Sakto talaga, pati itsura! (E ‘di wow.)
• Dalawang miyembro ng Ex Battalion inireklamo ng Pinoy fans ng BTS, nangopya nga ba ng kanta? (Luh, lagot!)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.