Spotlight on Dani Porter
We all dream. We all want to make it big some day. For those who do not give up on their dreams, achieving them is quite possible not only with hard work but with a stroke of luck. In light of this, young actress-singer Dani Porter is well aware that she is new to the entertainment industry and that fact has only fueled her to grab every opportunity given to her to showcase her developing acting and singing skills.
Dani Porter is one of the standouts of the seventh season of StarStruck in GMA Network. Although she did not win the reality talent search show, she managed to leave an indelible mark on the viewers–her feisty, tough, and quirky personality set her apart her. Since then, she has made appearances in various programs in GMA Network.
In many ways, Dani Porter reminds me a lot of Danita Paner who rose to fame in the mid-2000’s as a rock singer and actress. They share similarities in how they carry themselves, their choice of clothing and the “rock-star” aura about them. However, Dani Porter is her own unique person which will undoubtedly make her shine and will have people take notice of her and bet on what a promising future she could have given the right opportunities to showcase what she can do as an actress and singer.
Let us see what the future holds for the unique, pretty, and rocking Dani Porter.
Below is my interview with Dani Porter.
- Around how old were you when you realized that you wanted to have a career in acting and that this was something you were determined to pursue?
Dani Porter – I was 4 years old when I dreamed of being a model. But when I learned to appreciate movies and teleseryes, I realized how cool it would be to be able to act, too. It’s my dream to be an actress.
- What are your qualities which you feel set you apart from all the other young and talented actresses we have now?
Dani Porter – Lahat naman po ng actress and actors may kanya kanya pong talent. I don’t have too much experience and bata pa din po kasi. I need to have more experience pa din pero pagdating sa acting, kaya ko naman po yun na mas ma-improve pa.
- Do you prefer playing and portraying a good person or a bad person on television and movies? What is more natural to your personality?
Dani Porter – Both. I like to be the good one and lalo na the bad one.
- Of all the roles you have played so far, which is your favorite?
Dani Porter – My favorite role so far is yung pagiging kontrabida during my StarStruck days and duon sa “One of The Baes”.; I like to act kontrabida; parang ang cool nang feeling ko kasi nakakatanggal ng stress. Yun ganung role, mas napapakita ko yung acting skill ko kapag kontrabida. Basta wala lang po yung physical na sakitan, haha.
- Have you progressed in your acting career so far as you have expected?
Dani Porter – I think acting is one of my favorite things to do kasi ramdam ko na ito yung opportunity ko para mapakita ko na kaya ko. I know that the more experience I will have in acting, the better I will be at it.
- What kind of music do you like to listen to when you want to relax?
Dani Porter – My kind of music yung medyo Emo-Pop, Electro-Pop; yung type of Billie Eilish na re-relax ako sa music niya. Sometimes, I like Slow Rock also. Heavy Metal rock is not for me, it’s too noisy.
- When you are not taping, doing a photo shoot, endorsing a product or filming a movie, how do you usually spend your days off?
Dani Porter – Most of the time stay home lang talaga ako. Homebody talaga ako kahit wala pang lockdown. What I usually do is practice putting on make-up. I love different looks. I also practice my singing skill. I want to become a better singer. I want to also sing and not only act.
- What was the funniest thing that has happened to you during a taping of a program or in the filming of a movie?
Dani Porter – Madalas po sa StarStruck days, yun funny attitude ko na lagi po sila natatawa kapag nagsalita ako na parang siga, astig. Kapag di ko na alam isasagot ko, sasabihin ko nalang, “Sorry po, born to be abnormal”. I always make patawa kasi lahat sila seryoso.
- If there is one song that perfectly encapsulates who you are today, what song would that be?
Dani Porter – “Agos”. Ito po yung song na pinakanta sa akin after StarStruck. I love the meaning of the song kaya ito din yung napili ko na perfect for my personality. “Kahit anong pagsubok ang pagdaanan ko hindi ako bibitaw hindi ako mabubuwag at hindi ako susuko ang pag ibig ko sa pangarap ko ay nasa agos ng puso ko”.
- Do you have a nickname that you go by?
Dani Porter – My nicknames are “Tisay” and “Baby Rocks”.
- Who is Dani Porter in a nutshell?
Dani Porter – Dani Porter is maingay, pero matakot ka kapag tahimik na ako. Malambing pero minsan moody din. Sweet at kalog. Matapang pero iyakin.