Ariana Grande feels ‘tremendous heaviness’ of Manchester bombing as anniversary approaches
Pop star Ariana Grande has once again sent her love to those who were affected by the suicide bombing that occurred during her concert in Manchester, United Kingdom on May 22, 2017.
Grande took a moment to acknowledge the “sadness and tremendous heaviness” that the event’s anniversary brings to people via her Instagram Stories today, May 21.
“[Not] a day goes by that this doesn’t affect u and all of us still,” Grande said. “[I] will be thinking of u all week and weekend. My heart, thoughts, prayers are with u always.”
During the said concert, 22 people were killed after a man named Salman Abedi detonated a bomb inside the Manchester Arena. Aside from those who were killed by the attack, police say more than 800 people were left “with physical and deep psychological injuries.” Grande was promoting her 2016 album “Dangerous Woman” during the tour.
Earlier this year, Abedi’s brother Hashem was found guilty of 22 counts of murder, one count of attempted murder and one count of conspiring to cause explosions for his participation in the bombing.
While the world continues to battle the COVID-19 pandemic, Grande has also lent a helping hand to charities. She collaborated with Justin Bieber in a new song “Stuck with U” for the benefit of frontline workers’ children. The song’s proceeds will go to the First Responders Children’s Foundation, a group that provides scholarships to children of healthcare and emergency workers. JB
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.