‘Captain Marvel’ continues to fly high atop global box office
“Captain Marvel” holds on to the global box-office top spot on the movie’s second weekend in theaters, adding some $189 million to its cumulative grosses. The Chinese-language movie “More Than Blue”, comes second, followed by the animated movie, “Wonder Park” in third.
The latest Marvel movie is a non-mover at the global box-office, taking the top spot for the second consecutive week. “Captain Marvel” grossed over $189 million, taking total grosses to over $760 million worldwide.
Last week’s number two movie, “How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World”, is replaced by the Chinese-language drama, “More Than Blue”. This remake of a 2009 South Korean movie of the same name grossed over $41 million dollars.
Paramount Pictures completes the podium lineup with the animated movie, “Wonder Park”. The comedy features the voices of Jennifer Garner, Matthew Broderick, Mila Kunis and Ken Jeong. It has grossed some $20.3 million worldwide.
Here is the global box-office top 10:
1. Captain Marvel – $189.0 million
2. More Than Blue – $41.3 million
3. Wonder Park – $20.3 million
4. How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – $18.7 million
5. Green Book – $18.4 million
6. Five Feet Apart – $13.3 million
7. Tyler Perry’s A Madea Family Funeral – $8.2 million
8. Escape Room – $7.7 million
9. Alita: Battle Angel – $5.9 million
10. My Hero Academia: Two Heroes – $5.3 million
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.