Close  

Celebrity chef Mario Batali accused of groping Boston woman

/ 04:40 PM August 25, 2018
Mario Batali

Italian-American chef Mario Batali. Image: Brent N. Clarke/Invision/AP, File

BOSTON  — A Massachusetts woman says in a lawsuit filed against Mario Batali that the celebrity chef forcibly kissed her and groped her in a Boston restaurant in 2017.

According to media reports, the suit filed Wednesday in Superior Court in Boston seeks unspecified damages for “severe emotional distress” including anxiety and self-doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT

The suit alleges that the 28-year-old woman spotted Batali in the restaurant in April 2017 and tried to take a photo. The suit says Batali invited her to take a selfie with him then, without asking for permission, repeatedly kissed her face, rubbed her breasts, grabbed her buttocks and put his hands between her legs.

Neither Batali nor his representatives immediately responded to emails for comment sent to his website and production company on Friday.

FEATURED STORIES

Several other women have previously come forward to allege sexual misconduct by Batali. MKH

RELATED STORIES: 

Celebrity chef Mario Batali accused of sexual assault – report

Mario Batali’s Las Vegas Strip restaurants will close amid sexual misconduct allegations

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Mario Batali, Massachussets, sexual misconduct
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.