Anne Curtis thankful for ‘gift of life’ after getting stung by jellyfish years back
Four years after a scare that almost cost her life, actress-television host Anne Curtis is now looking back and thankful for being alive.
The “It’s Showtime” host remembered how she was stung one day by a box jellyfish in a series of Instagram stories yesterday. In the photo, Curtis could be seen lying on her side in a hospital bed with severe rashes on the sides of her torso. This happened in Batangas while she was shooting the fantasy teleserye “Dyesebel.”
“Almost this time 4 years ago, I almost lost my life to a box jellyfish,” Curtis started off her series of posts. As she thought hope was lost, she was then thankful after she got only stung by “half the tentacle.”
But she had to go through pain first because of the stings. She said of this: “So even if I experienced all the symptoms… Vomiting in a span of [one] minute, extreme pain and delirium.” Luckily, she shared, “the venom was not enough to put me in cardiac arrest and turn into fatal sting.”
So as a friendly reminder for those who are planning to go to the beach this summer season, Curtis said, “Be careful in the waters.” She explained: “Because yes, we do have one of the world’s deadliest jellyfish in the Philippine seas — the box jellyfish.”
“The ocean is their home,” she further said. “So it is our responsibility to be careful and ask locals if we should be on the lookout for jellyfish in their waters when going for a swim.”
Ending her posts, she once again said her thanks for giving her “the gift of life.”
Live your life to the fullest, Anne! /ra
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.