‘Wonder Woman’ tops global box office after opening weekend
The superhero flick has shot to the top of the global box office after hitting movie theaters this weekend. The movie, starring Gal Gadot, grossed $223 million on its opening weekend.
The Amazonian princess relegates “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” to second place.
For its second week in theaters, Jack Sparrow’s fifth movie adventure grossed $95.4 million, taking it over the $500 million mark in total grossings since its release.
“Baywatch” completes the top three. The remake of the hit 1990s TV show grossed $32.3 million, taking total grossings to $67.2 million.
Here’s the global box office standings, as of June 4, 2017:
1. Wonder Woman $223 million
2. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales $95.4 million
3. Baywatch $32.3 million
4. Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie $24.2 million
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 $14.1 million
6. Dangal $8.8 million
7. Alien: Covenant $7.7 million
8. King Arthur: Legend of the Sword $4.9 million
9. Warriors Of The Dawn $4.1 million
10. Doraemon: Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi $3.9 million
LOOK: Lupita Nyong’o’s epic review, celebrity reactions to ‘Wonder Woman’
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.