Sharon set aside other leading men for new film, insisted on Gabby | Inquirer Entertainment
Close  

Sharon set aside other leading men for new film, insisted on Gabby

By: - Entertainment Correspondent
/ 02:28 PM March 29, 2017
Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 3.38.02 PM

Sharon Cuneta and Gabby Concepcion. Image: Screen grab of Gabby Concepcion guesting on “Sharon”

Megastar Sharon Cuneta was supposed to be paired off with other leading men in her next movie, but she insisted on being paired instead with ex-husband Gabby Concepcion.

Their reunion movie was recently reported shelved but the megastar stated otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT

“That’s the last I heard, tuloy naman daw (it is still pushing through),” she said at the recent press conference for The Voice Teens.

The clarification was contrary to a previous report that the movie will not push through because of Concepcion himself. The former 1980’s matinee idol was allegedly asking for millions-worth of talent fee.

FEATURED STORIES

It was earlier this year when the most-awaited reunion project was announced. The megastar had also previously said that the movie will most likely be shown in May, but the filming hasn’t started as of this writing.

Sharon wants Gabby

The megastar said she specifically requested to Star Cinema managing director Malou Santos for Concepcion to be her on-screen partner in the movie, instead of her usual leading men.

Ako yung nakipaglaban. Sabi ko, matagal nang hinihintay ng fans namin (I fought for it. I said our fans have long waited for it),” Cuneta explained.

Closure and a new beginning

Even after all these decades, the magic of their love team still lives on, and their fans keep on clamoring for their reunion. Meanwhile, the megastar clarified that the reunion project does not signify any rekindling of romance in real life, and will be just for the pleasure of the fans.

Cuneta and Concepcion were married for three years, and was considered as one of the most loved couples in local showbiz despite their tumultuous marriage. They legally separated in 1987, while the marriage was annulled in 1993. They have one child, actress KC Concepcion.

ADVERTISEMENT

The megastar said the movie will either be a closure or a new beginning for their team-up, and that their reunion’s fate will depend on how the viewers will take their movie. 

Cuneta said she only wants to “give back to the fans” who has supported them through the years. JB

RELATED STORY:

Sharon, Gabby to reunite in film slated for 2017

The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Follow @CAbanillaINQ on Twitter
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: gabby concepcion, reunion movie, Sharon Cuneta, Star Cinema
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our entertainment news

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.