Restraining order against Depp to stay in place until August
LOS ANGELES — A Los Angeles Superior Court spokeswoman says the temporary restraining order Amber Heard obtained against Johnny Depp will remain in effect until Aug. 15.
The matter originally was set to be heard Friday, but court spokeswoman Mary Hearn said Thursday the hearing has been postponed. She says such delays aren’t unusual.
Heard was granted a temporary restraining order against her estranged husband May 27 after submitting a sworn declaration in which she alleged Depp threw her cellphone at her face and repeatedly hit her.
Heard and Depp were married in 2014. She filed for divorce last month, citing irreconcilable differences.
Attorneys for each of the actors did not immediately respond to requests for comment Thursday.
Depp’s daughter, former partner deny abuse allegations
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.