10 things you didn’t know about Road To Ultra Philippines
As the biggest party to ever hit the Philippines fast approaches, we countdown to the Road To ULTRA with a bang. The worldwide expansion for ULTRA Music Festival comes down to the last few shows of the year, with stages set all over Southeast Asia and the first ever live set in the country happening on Saturday, September 26 at SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds. The celebration begins with this list of ten facts you didn’t know about the biggest EDM Festival coming your way.
- Skrillex will be headlining. It’s been announced before and he’s even expressed his excitement by announcing his arrival in Manila on his Instagram account. What you possibly didn’t know about Skrillex was that he won several Grammy Awards for his albums ‘Bangarang’ and ‘Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites’ along with other awards for remixing singles like Benny Benassi’s ‘Cinema’.
- You get what you pay for with the Premium General Admission and VIP table packages. Aside from the admittance to the show, Premium tickets get you access to express entry lanes so there’s no long wait in line. Premium ticket holders also gain you admission to a private lounge, a bar, and other amenities. Tickets are available at SM Tickets Outlets and online at smtickets.com and you may email [email protected] for VIP Table Packages.
- Road to ULTRA events showcases cutting-edge stage production including world-class visuals, lighting, kryogenics and pyrotechnics. Stage designs are developed by the ULTRA Music Festival creative team.
- ULTRA Worldwide was founded in 1999 and they’ve been perfecting the art of the festival for more than a decade, with the Road to ULTRA as a relatively new experiment to give cities beyond Miami a taste of the ULTRA experience.
- The voice of ULTRA Worldwide, Damian Pinto, will be present during RTU Philippines and is bringing the party with him as he hosts the big bash.
- While the early bird promo has come to an end, you can get a chance to win tickets during one of the Countdown parties happening almost every weekend. Watch out for this and more announcements by following UltraPhilippines on Instagram, Road to Ultra: Philippines on Facebook, and ultra_ph on Twitter.
- Celebrities and a string of local DJs are all hyped up for ULTRA readily showing their support for the event. It’s safe to say there will be numerous guests from the It-crowd in attendance.
- We all know to expect a huge crowd, but precisely you can expect to see 15,000 other faces dancing along with you. The experience is worth braving the crowd and the traffic.
- If you’ve not heard of the other acts yet, Vicetone, W&W, and Zeds Dead are all electronic music duos, while Fedde Le Grand is one of the pioneers in electronic music and Mija, the sole female in the lineup, makes a grand debut as this is only her second time to play on an ULTRA stage.
- While the order of the performances hasn’t been announced, headliners usually come last, so you’ll be good to stick around for Skrillex.
Don’t miss out on the biggest EDM festival in the country! Tickets still available at SM Tickets Outlets and online at smtickets.com for a Premium General Admission of P5,500 and a General Admission for P3,500.
Road to ULTRA PHILIPPINES is brought to you by Black Water Events Management and Ovation Productions. Blackwater prides itself in bringing a number of international talents to the Manila clubbing scene while Ovation Productions promotes an array or genres of performances from Taylor Swift to Sting concerts to Broadway musicals such as Beauty & the Beast. Ovation is the first concert promotions company that directly buys, promotes, and handles all production aspects of its concerts. They have expanded since 1979 and have been bringing in international artists to perform in the Manila, as well as other provinces. Follow @ovationprod on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more information about The Road to ULTRA and other productions.
Road to Ultra Philippines Official Media Partners: Starworld, Channel V Philippines, FOX, Philippine Star, Manila Bulletin, Business World, Wave 89.1, 99.5 PLAYFM, Monster Radio RX 93.1, Circuit Magazine, Gist.ph, Inquirer.net, Garage Magazine, Manila Concert Scene, PEP, Philippine Concerts, Status Magazine, and Astroplus. ADVT.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.